General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Wear your seatbelt.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 04:36 PM
HCF Member
Default Wear your seatbelt.

I hit a deer on the highway that popped out of nowhere. From the second the deer was in the road til the time I hit it was literally tenths of a second but luckily I had my seatbelt on. My car went off the road and flipped front over rear and side over side about 8 or 9 times. Luckily I was wearing my seatbelt... Funny thing was my airbag didn't come out. I'm going to have to have a talk with the people I bought the car off of.

I got a pretty nasty burn from the seatbelt, some soreness, and a hurt knee. It could have been a lot worse but luckily I had my seatbelt on.

Pics:
Name:  attachment-1.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  76.5 KB
Name:  attachment-2.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  72.6 KB
Name:  attachment-3.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  70.3 KB
Name:  attachment-4.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  94.0 KB
Name:  attachment-5.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  87.2 KB
Name:  attachment-6.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  69.6 KB
Name:  attachment-7.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  68.4 KB
Name:  attachment-8.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  86.0 KB
Name:  attachment.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  31.5 KB

Oh yeah, I have a turbo kit (missing ecu), stock 99 ex seats, stock exhaust, stock seats, stock suspension plus more for sale. I'll be putting a for sale thread up soon. WRX here I come. Hopefully my knee will heal, i have to get it looked at.

Old 05-24-2008, 05:14 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Wear your seatbelt.

Dayuum, sorry to hear about that man. The car looked really nice before the accident. Will your insurance cover everything?

Old 05-24-2008, 05:18 PM
HCF Member

I have full coverage, I don't know if that will cover any mods.

Old 05-24-2008, 05:28 PM
HCF Member

very lucky. rolling is not good.

Old 05-24-2008, 05:42 PM
HCF Member

Jesus... That could have ended much worse. Very good point to those who think they don't "need' to wear a seatbelt.

Old 05-24-2008, 06:58 PM
HCF Member

I'll be going to the hospital again to morrow. The hospital I was at couldn't give me an MRI. Since I've been home my leg is MUCH worse. I can't walk on it.

It's gotta be the worst pain I've ever felt in my life. I'm thinking it's the cartilage that's torn. Hopefully I won't need surgery.

Still, I'd rather have a bum knee than my head cut off, as long as I can walk again.

I've decided I'm going to start hunting. Friggin' deer.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:28 PM
HCF Member

well i'm talking to you on AIM abut it right now, but dude, holy sh*t, glad to see you're not dead. My god man, good luck with the WRX!

Old 05-24-2008, 07:29 PM
HCF Member

Dam man that sux but it def could have been worse.

I couldn't agree more with wear your seatbelt. Once your life has been saved by a seatbelt you will wear it EVERYTIME. Me and a buddy of mine flipped a jeep and i was hanging upside down from my seat belt not fun.

Old 05-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Recognized HCF Member

DAM for hiting a deer and rolling your car doesnt look that bad.... hell looks like your taillights even survived... WOW!
good luck with recovery, hopefully it wont be to bad.
so i guess your gonna buy the car back and part it out...

hell ever since i got my 99 civic i always wear my seat belt just because that red seatbelt light on the dash is annoying!
im suprised ive never hit a deer yet. hell i live out in the country and see them run across the road at least a few times a year late or early in the morning.
i hope i never do tho. but i wont be to suprised when it does happen. i know those suckers can sure take a hit from a car! my dad freaking hit one with our old motor home when i was younger. i bashed my head on the back closet from him slaming on the brakes and the rear bed sliding forward kinda lanching me and my brother into the closet doors! jacked the front of the motor home all up, tho it did break every leg on that dam deer! he got about 10ft further and couldnt move. cop finaly came by and put it down and some redneck stoped and asked DO YA WANT TO KEEP IT.... LOL who knows what the redneck did with the dead deer.hahahah

Old 05-24-2008, 08:34 PM
HCF Member

That sucks dude! I hit a telophone pole once about 10 years ago. I wasnot wearing a seatbelt but the airbag saved my ***, it didn't feel too good though.I can imagine howyou feel.I hit it at 65, how fast were you going? Hope you all heal up alright.

Quick Reply: Wear your seatbelt.