General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Well, the civic is gone

Old 08-27-2007, 06:22 AM
Default Well, the civic is gone

Woke up this morning to find my car was not where I parked it last night...
Ever get that feeling in a parking lot where you'd swear you parked it right here and freak out for a second till you realize its just a lane or two over? Yeah multiply that by a hundred. maybe more...

So yeah not much to say i guess, took the garbage out last night, it was there ( i checked to make sure i locked up and closed the windows so I KNOW I saw it) and this morning it was gone. Didn't hear or see a thing.

Mostly just wanted to post this because I know there are a few Western New Yorkers on these boards and I wanted to give you guys a heads up. The officer that came and took my info said he had another stolen car reported just 2 days ago. Hes wondering if maybe someone is moving into the area again.

Just got a V2 intake in June for my birthday too dammit....

Old 08-27-2007, 06:35 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Well, the civic is gone

Damn that sux. Did you have an alarm?
I always set my alarm. Somedays I'll wake up to it going off. Never gone though.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:10 AM
Default RE: Well, the civic is gone

Unfortunately no alarm. And I know I know, always get an alarm. The car was almost completely stock though and so I never really thought anyone would bother with it. Stupid me.

Oh well though, I'm still waiting to get a call from the claims adjuster. Once I talk to him/her I'll know what I can do from here. Anyone know how long before its officially deemed gone for good? I.E. when do I get money from insurance so I can go out and get myself a new car?

Also, thinking ahead.... I'm kinda liking the idea of an '03ish WRX as a replacement...