General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Well my civic was destroyed!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 11:22 PM
Default Well my civic was destroyed!

Sad time indeed for me I got my 2000 DX payed off about 1 month ago and I didnt even get to taste the glory of not having a car payment. I got dominated by an suv about 10 days ago now. So ya that is no good. The good news is that the insurance comany pretty much gave me every penny I payed for the car back to me.

So now on the the other news.........! I now have another civic! I got a 2005 Civic LX this time. Very nice drive. I think I like the feel behind the wheel a little more then my DX. So ya yay me I guess for that. Kind of exciting having a new car but kind of lame having a loan again..... Atleast my miles are low now and I dont have to worry about my timing belt like I was on my other civic lol. (good thing I didnt replace that before the wreck!)

Ok so heres some questions for yall that I have to get me started. I will be posting in some other parts of the forums just to get more specific. So here we go!

1. My miles are just under 36kfrom what I understand I should still have bumper to bumper warranty coverage on this thing is there anything I should check on it before I hit 36k?

2. Do most 05 lx's have remote entry I dont know if mine doesn't or if the guy forgot to give me the remote just trying to figure that out.

3. This is my daily driver what things do y'all reccomend I should have done to make my life easier? So far im planning sound system, remote start, tinted windows...

4. What color of rims do yall like on a white civic? I cant decide what is going to look the best.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:26 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Well my civic was destroyed!

That really Blows!!!!! Well I don't get It.....If insurance payed you almost every penny why are you stuck with a new loan. Shouldn't you just used the money toward the new car or did you pocket the money and got a new loan because personally I wouldn't of done that

Old 12-28-2007, 12:21 AM

No I had to get another loan because I got a 2005 LX instead of another 2000 DX . So it was of course a more expensive car then and therefore my return I got did not cover all the costs ending in me spending another 4g cause my DX only cost me around 5500 in the end where as the LX was 9200ish.....which I thought was a really good deal on it.

Old 12-28-2007, 12:49 AM
HCF Member

Sorry to hear of the loss, but at least the insurance company didn't screw you with the return.

1: check the service manual or owners manual, they should have a maintenance schedule for the intervals and what should be inspected or replaced accordingly.

2:cant answer that one

3:Tint, Stereo maybe a SRI intake or maybe some ugly floor mats that cover the whole carpet, if you can find nice ones go for it, but the more coverage the better, especially this time of the year.

4: I too have a white civic (97 though) I prefer black wheels all the way. maybe a black wheel with a polished lip or a black wheel with a little red on the spokes or around the lip but thats about it. but if you wanna be baller, a gold or bronze wheel would look pretty nice on an all white car though.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:14 AM

hey thanks for the suggestions. And yes this time of year I am missing my old civics big rubber floor mats. I wish I could have nabbed them before they took it. I am going to be cleaning the carpets in there for sure......

Old 12-28-2007, 10:57 AM

Go to Weathertech.com. Truly great floormats!

Old 12-28-2007, 12:04 PM
HCF Member

I would have bought another older civic and paid cash for it.

Old 12-28-2007, 03:36 PM
HCF Member

+1....so you would just have to pay insurance witch isnt that expencive for a 00 civic ......or you should have when ***** out and got a new si lol
ORIGINAL: Pete

Old 12-28-2007, 11:10 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Pete

+2... 7th gens suck in every possible aspect

Old 12-29-2007, 12:26 PM

From what I understand the newer civics just aren't as good as the older ones.

What are some of the better years for the civic in the last decade?

Quick Reply: Well my civic was destroyed!