General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

what cars have you raced?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 07:43 AM
HCF Member
Default what cars have you raced?

I have been out of hondas for a few decades. my last honda was in the 80's. i had a 87 CRX Si it was ok but my new Civic will scream compared to that. anyway what cars can the civic Si beat? Mustang? cobalt SS?

Old 08-06-2008, 09:56 AM
HCF Member

Since you haven't owned civic in a long time, ill explain it to you. Civic Si can beat a regular civic model.

The new Cobalt SS turbo charged, are actually quite in par with the new 2010 v6 camaro with 300hp coming out. So a civic Si, won't even any where near a cobalt SS. The SS broke the record in nuremburg for fastest fwd. Its running 14.0-14.1 stock.

The newer mustangs will walk all over the Si. They are completely two diferent class o cars. Mustangs are american muscle made for performance, and Si is a sport version of the regular civics. The only mustangs you can beat are the early 90s mustangs, thats about it.

The Civic Si can walk all over a Scion TC. Those are crap box for a car. You can try a neon srt-4, you could have a shot. The Si can go against RSX-S and similar 4 banger cars.

Now if you start to modify your car and start to build a performance, its a whole new game plan. But remember that takes lots of money and time.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:29 AM
HCF Member

thanks for the info. anyone know the 1/4 mile time on the 08 Si

Old 08-06-2008, 10:30 AM

i raced my friends 94 or 95 mustang GT, and lost (duh - we were racing for fun not for competition) but that was with an header leak, a bad launch (i had just started driving stick), and the stock shifter. He got me off the line but after that we were both accelerating at about the same rate, but since he got off the line way better he was already ahead.

i raced my friends srt4 neon for fun too and lost (this was in my old automatic civic)

i raced this one kids old saturn because he always talked ****. i beat him by like 8 car lengths and this was in my old automatic civic.

i need to get turbo on the Del Sol and take it down to the track with my friends

Old 08-06-2008, 10:32 AM
HCF Member

I beat my friend's altima with my pathinder ahahhahaha

Old 08-06-2008, 10:52 AM
HCF Member

what about the wrx ?

Old 08-06-2008, 11:09 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
i raced my friends 94 or 95 mustang GT, and lost (duh - we were racing for fun not for competition) but that was with an header leak, a bad launch (i had just started driving stick), and the stock shifter. He got me off the line but after that we were both accelerating at about the same rate, but since he got off the line way better he was already ahead.

i raced my friends srt4 neon for fun too and lost (this was in my old automatic civic)

i raced this one kids old saturn because he always talked ****. i beat him by like 8 car lengths and this was in my old automatic civic.

i need to get turbo on the Del Sol and take it down to the track with my friends

YEEEEEEEEEEAH Turbo The Del Sol lol so sik :P

Old 08-06-2008, 12:43 PM
Super Cereal Admin

you're probably not going to beat a wrx in a stock si.

Just a guess, but I'd say the civic si probably does the quarter in 15 seconds or so.