General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

What changes would you like to see

Old 09-04-2007, 06:02 AM
Default What changes would you like to see

I bought my civic new. After having it a year, there are a few things that I've had in other cars that I miss. The fustrating part is that for the most part they wouldn't be biggies to add:

1. Outside air temp.
2. VARIABLE intermittent wipers
3. An accurate clock (mine runs 2 minutes fast a month)
4. Remote trunk release (yea, the SI has it. With a coup I use the trunk alot).

Old 09-04-2007, 06:33 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: What changes would you like to see

I would like to add the ability to adjust the speedo to compensate for different tire sizes to keep the speedo/odo accurate. My $30 bike computer can do it, why can't my $18K Civic?

Old 09-04-2007, 04:20 PM

the ex has outside temperature. you have to cycle the milage button on the left of the steering wheel.

Old 09-08-2007, 03:16 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: rayh059

I bought my civic new. After having it a year, there are a few things that I've had in other cars that I miss. The fustrating part is that for the most part they wouldn't be biggies to add:

1. Outside air temp.
2. VARIABLE intermittent wipers
3. An accurate clock (mine runs 2 minutes fast a month)
4. Remote trunk release (yea, the SI has it. With a coup I use the trunk alot).
You can add an outside thermometer easily enough. I can understand the variable wipers though. I'd have the dealer replace the clock under warranty.

The new Civic LXs and EXsdon't have a remote trunk release? My '00 VP has one. I never use it though. I keep it locked. It makes the trunk just a little more secure.

I'd like to see a different body style.I don't like the current Civic sheetmetal much. It looks like a mid-size with a squashed nose. You shouldn't have to put 18s on a compact to make it look proportional.I think the '01-'05 was a nicer looking compact sedan, and the '96-'00 was a nicer looking compact coupe. I'd like to keep the Civic small, light, and nimble. The Fit is practically pointless as an economy carif it's not topping 40MPG by now. I could get a mint '01 Civic EX sedan for less money, have more room, and get better mileage with a more powerful engine. Mustangs, Vettes, 6cyl Impalas, and Nissan Altima SEs are getting 30MPG now. An "economy" car should be able to almost double the mileage of those heavy bastards with250+HP engines and wide tires.

I'dlike to see a non-interference ULEV VTEC engine thatmoves the sedan 0-60MPH in under 8 secondsand tops 60MPG. Add in some AWD models that can top 50MPG.

I'd like tobe able to get the options I want,and ONLY the options I want.

Do they offer stability and traction control as options on the currentEX?

Old 09-08-2007, 08:55 AM
HCF Member

I'd like to see American-style tilt steering columns. The Japanese-style tilt columns only drop down a few inches from a pivot-point far under the dashboard - that's it. Whereas the American-style tilt goes both up and down from a pivot-point outside of the dashboard - more towards the driver and is far more effective for getting in and out of the car.

My other cars ('97 Dodge Ram, '01 Pontiac Grand Prix GT, & '80 Jeep CJ-7) and I can get in and out without even touching the steering wheel. Not so much on the Civic - I'm 6'5".

Variable control windshield wipers. It might be an option on newer cars, but it wasn't even an option on my '95 Hatch.

Old 09-08-2007, 11:45 AM

your right, that would be a pretty handy feature.

My guess is that they won't do it because they think people might keep their settings to the smallest diameter to keep their miles down on the odo. ...extend the warrenty ext...

I think there is a way for a mechanic to recalibrate your gauges tho...worth looking into anyways

Old 09-09-2007, 11:00 AM

sorrry that will never happen. the reason mpg has not gotten higher is because the govt has increasingly required more airbags and safety features that add a large amount of weight to the car, the manufacturer has to meet more demanding emissions laws as well. The ex does have trunk release on the key remote.