General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

What to do while waiting for parts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Default What to do while waiting for parts?

Whenever I order something for my car, that's all I can think about.. Opening the box up, installing it, and driving. It drives me nuts.

What do you guys do in the meantime to fill the giant void from when you order a part and get it?

Old 03-12-2008, 05:24 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: What to do while waiting for parts?

haha, i have the same problem, i have been waiting a week for my springs and intake to get here and that was the longest week ever, and its alot worse because ive been off work for the past 3 days and thats when it gets really unbarable, but idk...i just sleep, hang out with friends, and sleep some more until they get here then im up all day and night installing it and driving it.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:32 PM

Yeah. I'm at the point now where I'm checking the tracking status of it like it's crack. It's literally a half hour drive from my house.. But I can't go pick it uup. Have to wait until tommorow.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:36 PM
HCF Member

i know its sucks, i do the exact same thing, i probably checked the status of mine 20 times, i usually wake up around noon if im not working that day but this morning i got up at 6 on the dot and took my car to the shop and got the springs put on then not even 5 minutes after i got home i started working on the intake and have been driving it all day ever since and now im pissed because its dark and theres no where to take it and show it off...but ill probably go throught the same phase next week when i order something else

Old 03-12-2008, 07:25 PM
HCF Member

Thats nothing, try working the day it gets delivered and you just miss it so you have to wait one more day ARRRGGHHH

Old 03-12-2008, 07:44 PM
HCF Member

I usually check out diy's and "how to's", make sure I know exactly what to do befor it gets here.

I got so much stuff sitting around that I still haven't gottento, mostly due to the cold here, fog lights, magnaflow hi-flow cat, projector headlights, and some lower suspension bars.

I can't wait till spring finally gets here

Old 03-12-2008, 08:52 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Live_4it

I usually check out diy's and "how to's", make sure I know exactly what to do befor it gets here.

I got so much stuff sitting around that I still haven't gottento, mostly due to the cold here, fog lights, magnaflow hi-flow cat, projector headlights, and some lower suspension bars.

I can't wait till spring finally gets here
^^ damn good idea

Old 03-12-2008, 09:08 PM
HCF Member

i test my car before putting in the new parts for example springs/shocks and struts the day before putting them in i see how tight of turns i can make etc then when i have them in see if i can do it better. might sound dumb but it helps you understand what your paying for

Old 03-12-2008, 09:24 PM
HCF Member

Usually, i'll either sit at home and check the tracking status like crazy. Or i'll end up forgetting about it, and when it gets here i'll be all "What the hell is this? I didn't order anything.." then opening it up and be all "Ohhh.. I almost forgot I ordered this, wow.."

I prefer the 2nd one, so i'm not always anxious to get it .

Old 03-12-2008, 10:09 PM
HCF Member

Waiting for parts is the WORST!!!!!!!!!!especially if you don't have a tracking number....i can't stand it. Sometimes i try to call UPS and make them give me info..but they never do...

bastards.

Quick Reply: What to do while waiting for parts?