General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

This is what happens when a Civic thats going 40 gets hit by car making a left turn

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well you can definatly fix it for less than that estimate.LOL
look at my 96... and mines a whole front end.... hopefully it didnt jack up the frame much if any... check the LCA and see if its bent or your strut either. if it looks good take it to alignment shop to get aligned and if the camber is off then look into some adjustable upper control arms

Old 09-13-2008, 11:24 PM
HCF Member

you should fight him.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:32 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Punisher has a good point. At his trial for driving without a license and other violations (There will be a trial for that, you just need to find out when and where), the judge could order him to pay restitution to you.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:59 PM
HCF Member

Since you dodn't have uninsured motorist property damage coverage, that sucks.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:37 AM
HCF Member

Okay... I'm trying to figure out how the FREAK one finds out when a court date will be.

I tried walking to the police station by my house just to figure out where I should go, and they gave me the run around about how I need the police report, but that could take about ten days to get, blah, blah, blah and how it would be much faster to just go up to the guys apartment and tell him I accept cash, check, money order, etc. (yeah... right... a 5'1" 105lb female go try to convince a probably 5'11" 200lbish male to pay for damages. Riiiiiiiiight). I have all the info on the guy, and the police report number and everything, shouldn't that be enough to at least figure out when the court date is? Where do I go from there?

Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure I've seen the guy driving around twice in different cars. I found out he posted bail the day after when I went to the police station. He lives right by my sister's place, so I'm fairly certain its him.

On the up point (I guess). Looks like nothing mechanical was damaged. I'm just in desperate need of an alignment and a headlight, then getting a new bumper cover and fender and get them painted, I think I should be able to get my door bent back out. Anyone know of a good place for custom paint matching and dent repair thats cheap?

Old 09-17-2008, 08:01 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Never actually done this, but ask the county court about the trial docket. Also contact the prosecutor or DA's office. Should just need the guy's name to look up the case. Tell the DA you are a witness against him and also you want to try to get restitution for your damage.

Getting some pictures of him still driving other cars might be useful if you can do it without confrontation. Also be prepared to present pictures of your car before and after the crash and the repair estimate(s).

Old 09-17-2008, 09:48 AM
HCF Member

I'll be looking into that as soon as I get my car drivable again. Should be today actually, I'm getting an alignment, and hopefully my headlamp, fender, and bumper today. Yay.

I HATE relying on other people for rides... so yeah....

Old 09-17-2008, 09:51 AM
HCF Member

effin people lol in my fist car some guy was all wandering into my lane and landed up bumping me into a curb hiss gay *** had no license ect... there wasnt any real damage so i just had him pay 200 and drove away lol stupid guy i hate people

Old 09-17-2008, 09:43 PM
HCF Member

If your having a hardtime getting information on the guy and the court date - start posting information. You'd be surprised what fellow honda drivers can pull up. =P
You should message me with all the info you have on him - including town and all that stuff. I'll see what I can pull up.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:18 PM
HCF Member

Well, after driving around to junkyards all day yesterday for a 96-98 Civ without front end damage and only finding two civics, both with smushed fronts, I just ended up getting everything from hondaautomotiveparts.com, minus the headlights. I got a, hopefully, nice pair of projectors. I needed a few other parts from hondaautomotive, like a pocket to put in place of the tape deck, and a new driverside window seal, so it worked out. I was quite tempted to get some z3 fenders but I decided against it, just an OEM fender for me.

I also got my alignment. My camber is indeed a little off, like -0.1 barely off. I was planning on getting a camber kit whenever I put my tein springs on, which will probably be whenever I get rims, or get really freaking bored. My car will be perfectly legal to drive here in a couple days, as soon as I get the support bars for my headlight.

Oh, I also ordered some ebay polyurethane type-r front and back lips. I've been wanting them for awhile, and since I'm already getting stuff painted I figured I might as well get those and my side skirts all painted to match the rest of the car. Once everything gets here and I get it painted my car should be looking a little better than before.

Quick Reply: This is what happens when a Civic thats going 40 gets hit by car making a left turn