General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

? what model hatchbacks have power options?

Old 12-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default ? what model hatchbacks have power options?

well lately ive been realy thinking of HOW BAD i want a hatchback......
but i dont want to loose my power accessories! power locks, windows mainly! i know i can add aftermarket parts or swap the guts and wires from a parts car to convert to power BUT id rather not do all of that.....
"What is the hatchback model letters is loaded and basic?"
i know on coupes DX/budget, EX loaded, and SI tricked out goodies...
but i think 4doors and hatchbacks are different lettering/badges.... curious to what models i should be searching for and what they mean?

and well so far im not sure WHICH civic i should try to sell or trade for a hatchback....

wanna stick with 92-00 hatchback and a 5speed manual as well.....
ive been looking online for some localy hoping MAYBE one will pop up with a blown motor or tranny or even theft recovery...
that way i could BUY IT "CHEAP" and rip my worked over Z6 into it as well as any power accessories and then just strip the coupe and swap everything i can that i want replaced or swaped over...
BUT so far NO LUCK...... i see pleanty of coupes and 4doors but no cheap hatchbacks

ive slaped my 99civic on craigslist for 10K for everything,
and had my 94civic on thier for 3,500bucks for it.

BUT i dont see either of them going for what i want outta them unfortunatly.... and im not willing to loss very much cash for them..... so HOPING to find a cheap 92-95 blown motor/tranny hatchback so i could strip the 94coupe..... but id also buy a 96-00hatchback if it had blown motor or tranny and look for a motor for it. and then maybe drop the price of the 94civic....

Old 12-02-2007, 04:15 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: ? what model hatchbacks have power options?

No, they're pretty much the same. Cx is basic. In the us it has the efficient vtec that gets 45 mpg. And I'm not sure it has any accessories. I have a canadian Cx and all I have is a/c. No power steering or anything else. Dx's are the same (in canada) but power accessories were optional. Ex's I dont think came in hatchback form. And Si's came with a sunroof and power acessories were optional.

Old 12-02-2007, 05:20 PM
HCF Member

the 92-95 Si have power options for sure and has a sunroof. The 96-00 Civic DX and CX dont come with power windows or mirros.

Old 12-02-2007, 05:42 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya seems like EVERY hatchback i see doesnt have any power locks or power windows

BUT i did find one hatchback 1994 VX which after checking out kbb.com specs it looks like that one gets the best milage. and the guys interested in trading for a coupe, tho he says his has a jdm d15z1
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/pts/490893326.html

im hoping he is willing to trade my 94civic coupe for his hatchback...
i guess im preaty much hit for power locks and windows......
but who knows MAYBE his hatchback does have them.... but i guess now i just wait for him to respond and hopefully his hatchback is good condition mechanicaly wise!

i guess time will tell....

i would just realy like to have a hatchback instead of a coupe.....