General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

What oil and filter do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 05:38 AM
Recognized HCF Member

id also agree..... without some sort of lock or VERY FIRM valve **** i definatly wouldnt use it for my oil!
your oil level is VERY VERY IMPORTANT and starving your motor for even afew seconds can cause serious damage if not shut down quick enough! ive learned that the hard way before when a manual oil pressure line came loose on my old vette and it slowly leaked out the oil till it ran dry and locked the motor up fast! my dad was pissed! luckely it was just bearings that seized up since the motor was just rebuilt so i just had to buy all new bearings and rebuild it with my dad so i wasnt hit to hard in the $$.

id much rather take the time and lift the car and do a oil change with a wrench... face it YOU HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR OIL FILTER ANYWAYS...... SO YOULL BE UNDER THE CAR ALREADY dont tell me you dont change your oil filter and you only drain and refill ur oil!

Old 10-27-2008, 05:46 AM
HCF Member

There's a lot of reluctance for this product on the Civic board. Like I said, the scooby guys love this thing.
The oil filter is upfront on the 2008s, you don't need to jack the car up to get it.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:02 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Bunch of bunk information from people with no experience. If you dont have experience with something, don't talk ****.

FACT: The fumoto drain valves are perfectly acceptable and efficient. It is not possible for random debris to come up from the ground, work its way around your splash gaurd (if you're not running this, you're an idiot and risking sever damage anyway...), reach the valve, click the button all the way over to one side, and then CHANGE DIRECTIONS moving the valve button 180 degrees.

If you're really that worried about, buy one of those little safety clips the website mentions

Old 10-27-2008, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
what if you run over something that would otherwise be minor, but it bumps the valve and all your oil spills out. lol
A lot of suv people are using those things,and most of the time they use heavy duty wireties to keep the lever in place just in case...the explorer forum i used to belong to swored by them...