General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

What are really the chance of a Mod Civic beating a mod mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 04:17 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: What are really the chance of a Mod Civic beating a mod mustang?

ORIGINAL: s2000gtx

^ u cant put a price on a man's pride [8D][8D]

I think he said it the best!

Old 07-30-2007, 04:20 AM
Administrator

if they are any kinda of drivers at all, they will respect you for simply modding and even TRYING to keep up.

nice work and persistance is always respected.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:30 AM
HCF Member

yeah theres alot you can do to civics to make them faster but in mustang you have the option of a variety of 6 cylinder engines AND 8 cylinder engines, which is interesting... but id still pick a civic over that stang...

Old 07-30-2007, 05:07 PM
HCF Member

Well, oddly enough - I have to say I'd pick my '95 HB over the new Mustangs as well. Why? Because I can actually fit in my little Hatch.

However - even a mildly modded Mustang will absolutely smoke even a Monster Civic. Sorry - that's the breaks. The problem all of the tuners seem to forget as well is this pesky thing called torque. Horsepower's cool for bringing up the top-end, but Torque gets it movin'. The problem is the V8s simply have a lot more weight internally to produce the higher torque numbers - that's the biggest reason they launch off the line so much better - that, and the weight transfer puts more traction down to the rear wheels when they hook up.

Don't feel bad though - the way I remember it, even having a car in school made you a 'rich kid' as far as I was concerned.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:11 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: emaildaithai

i bet ud beat dem on the twisty stuff.

Afew backroads and a rolling start and ud have 'em. Point to point racing as its known ere.
i hate it when people bring up this argument. go race a mustang on a road course or auto-x, it doesn't matter how well you think you car handles, you'll end up getting your *** handed to you, end of story.

Old 07-30-2007, 06:47 PM
HCF Member

Well here is the real question:

what do you think about your civic against a mod mustang?

hopefully atleast someone can beat these waste of an engine v6 and v8?

Old 07-30-2007, 06:50 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: civic_burns_all

what do you think about your civic against a mod mustang?
here's a bettter question:

what do you think about your hamburger compared to someone elses steak?

Old 07-30-2007, 07:10 PM
HCF Member

Youve got a poor platform to work with. IF you had a 92-95 civic with a Z6 in it you could beat em. Just boost the motor to 220 whp and that should be enough. My gsr coupe whomped a few 5.0's from a dig........but a few bolt ons and those stangs are pretty quick.

Old 07-30-2007, 07:18 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Type RB

Well, oddly enough - I have to say I'd pick my '95 HB over the new Mustangs as well. Why? Because I can actually fit in my little Hatch.

However - even a mildly modded Mustang will absolutely smoke even a Monster Civic. Sorry - that's the breaks. The problem all of the tuners seem to forget as well is this pesky thing called torque. Horsepower's cool for bringing up the top-end, but Torque gets it movin'. The problem is the V8s simply have a lot more weight internally to produce the higher torque numbers - that's the biggest reason they launch off the line so much better - that, and the weight transfer puts more traction down to the rear wheels when they hook up.

Don't feel bad though - the way I remember it, even having a car in school made you a 'rich kid' as far as I was concerned.
Mainly the weight transfer thing. RWD and 4WD cars always get the holeshot over a similar performance FWD car because FWD does not have good grip accelerating forward.

On the last of the 1/8 mile is where the lack of weight and the top end power kicks in and the FWD car goes like a rocket.

As for the torque, well, it's not that either, but the POWERBAND that makes the difference. If I got a V6 that makes a mountain of torque right at 3500 RPM but it rises fast from 2500 drops off fast by 4000, I have a small amount of RPM at which I can USE the torque. The Honda VTEC engines provide two powerbands, thereby giving you a WIDE powerband that can be useful, because the fewer gears you have to shift through to accelerate quickly the faster you can potentially accelerate. Also, you can have a reasonably low first gear to get you off the line in that case.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:37 AM

i have to admit before i got this civic i had a 1992 Toyota Mr2 Turbo.....that was sooo much fun to drive!! from stangs to wrx's to evo... theyhad no chance what so ever!!! but i blew the motor on it racing so i bought the civic and had to sacrifice HP for better gas...and i have to admit the extreme hp difference is kinda killing me day by day.....i need to do something to the performance of civics......long story short civics needsomewhat ofwork to them before you can classify it as a "fast or quick" civic....

Quick Reply: What are really the chance of a Mod Civic beating a mod mustang?