General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

What is seafoam?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 03:12 PM
Default What is seafoam?????

Hey guys,I have seen all these guys talking about seafoam. I was wondering what it does to your car and how you use it. I saw something about it helping your car not burn oil. And on my eclipse it is starting to burn a lil oil after its been running for a little bit. Just wondering if this would help out. Thanks in advance.

Jacob

Old 02-21-2008, 03:17 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: What is seafoam?????

Its a engine cleaner...pretty much gets out all the gunk out of the system..

[ul][*]Cleans fuel injectors[*]Cleans carburetor jets[*]Cleans carbon[*]Stabilizes fuels[*]Upper cylinder lube[*]Removes moisture in fuel[*]De-icerFrees sticky lifters Frees sticky rings Removes moisture in oil Cleans P.C.V. systems Cleans catalytic converter odors Oxygen sensor safe[/ul]all that is taken from there website...its good stuff

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_142942/tm.htm

Old 02-21-2008, 03:30 PM
Cat Fuсker

just don't ever do what I did....Greddy_Civic can elaborate on that one.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:25 PM
HCF Member

Just get some.. Pour 1/3 into your gas (Having a full tank), 1/3 into your crankcase (its recommended you do it about 100~200 miles before your oil change, because it may water down your oil a little bit), and the other 1/3 into your throttle body(Which is what I did), most people put it in their vacuum pipe, but I found the throttle body more.. I don't know, better in my case. Just pour a little at a time in your throttle body, because it will bog down hard and your engine will shake a bit, you can kill it a few times, thats why you gotta be careful. Just do the rest in there, and maybe rev it a little afterwards and let it idle about 5~10 minutes, and what I did was just drive it up and down the road a little bit, to ensure its in my cars system and everything, then enjoy your new cleaned out car (internally speaking), also.. As a side note, you'll get white smoke depending if your car is really backed up with gunk, all the smoke is, is the gunk burning off into a vapor, so its nothing to worry about, its perfectly normal.

I hope this clears any questions you have about the product. Good luck.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:39 PM
HCF Member

Seafoam is def sweet. It smoothed out my idle alot and i got a little better gas mileage after doing it
It also made me car smoke for like 10-15 min and then the next morning when i started it.
MAD smoke it was sweet heres a vid:
http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x...nt=Seafoam.flv

Old 02-21-2008, 07:44 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: SuBlime_4_LiFe

Seafoam is def sweet. It smoothed out my idle alot and i got a little better gas mileage after doing it
It also made me car smoke for like 10-15 min and then the next morning when i started it.
lol did you floor it??

Old 02-21-2008, 09:21 PM

I was wondering about this, my car is almost 170k and I don't think it's ever been seafoamed. I've heard about motors being ruined because they were basically held together with all the carbon seals and whatnot. Should I seafoam my engine, or do I run a risk of ruining it because it's pretty old and high up there in miles? My idle seems to be fine, my acceleration seems to be normal, but I don't really have a basis of comparison. I'd love to seafoam, but don't wanna kill my engine.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:49 AM
Snail'n Admin

Gene's screw up Name:  Gene.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  55.3 KB

Old 02-22-2008, 01:18 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: cyberx32

lol did you floor it?
lol no it just camepouring out it was soo nutz ididn't kno if i did something wrong but i def didn't

Old 02-23-2008, 12:38 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: cyberx32

lol did you floor it??
for pete's sake kyle, floor it already so she/he will shut the heck up.............. lol just kidding dude , i just had to lololol