General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

What should I offer?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 04:49 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default What should I offer?

Okay, I'm looking for an eg/ek/240sx for my next project, and today I came across this. The guy's asking best offer. Sorry I can't post bigger pics, but photobucket won't cooperate (freakin campus-provided internet sucks here). Basically, it needs new lights, a new fender (perhaps both), possibly a new hood, a front bumper, and a windshield. I'm thinking offer $1,000 and let him keep his aftermarket wheels and integra seats (I have Tenzo R's that will go in and Flik wheels anyway). But it does have a b18b.

What do you guys think I should offer? $1,000? $1,500? I can't really go above $1,500 since I need money for the turbo project.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:25 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I don't know, I'm thinking maybe offer $1200 or $1300 and go up to $1500. I know it'll take at least $500 to repair. I'm thinking $1300 cash by saturday will be a good incentive for him to sell it lol.

I know if I were him I wouldn't take $1,000 for it lol

Old 09-30-2008, 08:09 PM
HCF Member

doesnt hurt to offer 1000 first, then go up slowly and negotiate a little

Old 10-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Super Cereal Admin

w00t

Just got back from seeing the car. The guy's waiting for another call from his insurance agent (to find out if they need to see the car again before writing his check). Then I'm buying it, $1500 cash (He doesn't have the stock wheels, so I had to buy it with the 15's that are on it)... it has a tiny bit of rust, but nothing terrible. I think I'm going to have the title notarized but not transferred... that way I can just tow it to my house and work on it slowly (without paying insurance). Then, once it's streetable again, I'll insure it, transfer the title, and work on the turbo project.

But for $1500, I feel I'm getting a d**m good deal... I kind of like the hood (it looks cf in the pics, but it's just fiberglass), not to mention the wheels aren't bad. And don't even get me started on the b18b swap... a b18b swap package from HMO alone costs more than the car lol... I figure around $500 to get everything fixed up (he's even throwing in an extra stock front bumper he had lying around).

Pics probably tomorrow, I have some on my phone, but I have no way of getting them to my laptop (no cell service here so emailing them won't work). And to clarify, I haven't bought the car yet, but it's a definite yes

Old 10-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Recognized HCF Member

id say 1K 1200tops IMO.
swap or not side damage, front damage, windshield, roof damage its alittle much IMO.
i got my dx for 700bucks stock motor setup but not to shaby.

him hiting 2 deers..... either he is really unlucky or just driving really stupid.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:17 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I have a feeling he just drives like a douche from hearing him talk. But the reason I was willing to pay $1500 was the b18. If it were still the y7 or even a y8, I'd have laughed at him if he wanted more than $1,000... but a full b18b swap is more than $1500 if you go through HMO. Not to mention I figure it'll be what, maybe $500 if that to have everything fixed? I'm not really worried about matching paint, I'll just rattle-can it with high gloss and bury it in clear. The blacks might not match up perfectly but it'll probably be close.

But now I'm thinking I'll get everything fixed ASAP and just drop the mustang from my insurance and park it until I'm out of school. Or maybe i'll let my parents use it as a weekend car if they help with the insurance or something lol. The way I have it figured out, I can't afford insurance on two cars and pay bills and everything right now, and I'm going to want fwd for the winter, not to mention I'd rather drive a civic than a mustang (maybe I'm just crazy lol). I miss revving past 5500rpm... not to mention how long it takes for the 232 to rev up and drop back down.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well 500... na more than that with the busted windshield. thats gonna be your most expensive repair part!

Old 10-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Well it won't be much more than $500... the fender I can pick up pretty cheap, the headlights I'm looking at are $130 (black projectors like I had on my 94), and I'm figuring the windshield will be $200 and then the cost of installation, but I might be able to have the windshield installed by the collision repair guys here at Wyotech, and if they charge me, it probably won't be much. The hood actually isn't really damaged too bad... it's definitely repairable, and I already have fiberglass supplies at my house, so that's free. Did I mention he's throwing in a perfectly good front bumper?

Old 10-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Well I plan on putting pics up tomorrow when I can transfer some from my phone to my computer lol... but hopefully the guy's insurance agency can give him a call tomorrow... after he gets the call, I can go ahead and buy the car

And yeah, you guys will have "after" pics.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Super Cereal Admin

All he's waiting for is for the insurance company to tell him if they need to see the car another time before writing him the check; the car won't be totaled or anything. They already looked at it once, though, so I doubt they'll actually need to see it again, but it's one of those just-in-case deals.

Quick Reply: What should I offer?