General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

what will nul your warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 02:26 PM
Default what will nul your warranty?

does anyone know what modifications you can make to u engine that wont nul a warranty on a new car?i cant find were it saysanything on the papper work.i dont wont to call my dealership. its hard to get a answer out of thim on anything. i geting mixed feedback from ppl i ask about doing i/h/e. i know puting a s/c on would(are i think). my clutche is not on the warranty so i can change that. what about internals.(exp.pistons) i sure u know that answer to mostbut i wont someone the tell me. thx

Old 04-30-2007, 04:09 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: what will nul your warranty?

I was of the understanding that any internal modifications voids all coverage on the warranty if is is deemed the cause of malfunction. From a liability standpoint, you place yourself at a risk anytime you modify a car under warranty because any sane stealership that knows you don't know much about the internals or your car in general would be very happy to tell you that your mods were the cause and that you should fork it over for the repairs.

I also understand that modifications like exhaust, cat, and headers voids your recall coverage for any future recalls oriented to any function or connection of that feature of the car. In reality, if the warranty is worth it to you, live with the car until you are not under any warranty, then mod the hell out of it.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.