General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

What would you do? ¿

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 12:11 PM
Default What would you do? ¿

I just bought a 08 Civic LX coupe (MTM) and am trying to decide which mods to make to it. Instead of asking about what's 'the best' to use[I know about the search feature... :-)] I'd just like anyone, who would care to share, to tell me what they would do with it. Include any and everything you could think of. Body kits, performance mods, etc... I've read and learned tons of things on this site, I'm new btw, that I wouldn't have known otherwise and would like opinions from people who actually own civics. Any and all opinions will be appreciated. Thanks.

[IMG]local://upfiles/31187/CAACF8359795479894B60F06FF78EF36.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-13-2008, 12:30 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: What would you do? ¿

LOL when i seen your topic, the first then that popped in my head was. "heck yes what would you do in a situation like that" Napolean Dynomite...lol.. when he hunting wearwolfs in alaska with his uncle...lol...im a tard....
[sm=smiley29.gif]
Anyway i would start with some nice 17's with a polished lip, would look good on your car i think. im not to big on body kits, but i would try and find a decent front lip, throw some tint on the windows..I would install a nice cat back exhaust, many to choose from, it just depends how you want it to sound. then a aem or injen cai, or whatever.maybey you can boost it ??
Or you could rice it out with a huge wing put stickers on the windows, throw some over sized fart can on it, and some rad underbody flashing neons...lol..

Its a sweet car im sure what ever you choose the car wiil look even sweeter then it does now.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:59 PM

LOL! I remember that part. That movie is hilarious! I think of quotes from movies like that ALL THE TIME! So if you're a tard just take comfort in knowing you aren't the only one.

I was also thinking rims first. I live in FL so I'd be changing bed sheets on a regular basis with some nice 17s. Flip side of that is I live right on the beach so I'm am constantly washing sand off it. I've only had it about 2 weeks and I've washed it about 7 times. Mainly just rinsing and drying with a shammy ( I know how it's spelled but that's ridiculous. They should make it simple! lol).

May I ask why I should start with an exhaust before the intake. I really don't know what the prerequisites are. I was thinking the intake before the exhaust. Does it make a difference which one goes on first? ¿ I am wanting it to sound deep and not ricey. But I do like the sound of the flashing neons underneath. lol.

"Maybe you can boost it?¿" What do you mean 'boost'. I'm asssuming boost in power (supercharger?¿). I'm quite the newbie when it comes to mods so forgive me. My best friend has a 2000 SI with a turbo and he has been the main person I've been asking my questions to but he doesn't know everything and I like to have multiple perspectives. My main goal is to one day be on par or at least only lose by a car length in a race. I'm far, FAR away from that point right now. For now I'll have to settle for some rims and an exhaust/intake. Thanks for the info andcompliment on the car. I'm hoping to make it look a lot better than it is now.

Old 05-13-2008, 01:33 PM
HCF Member

you can do ither one first or buy your parts thenput them all onat once up to you."boost" turbo kit or supercharger..
if your friend has a turbo 2000, he should be able to tell you the pros and cons of boost..
if you add decent good items to your car, it will pay off in the long run. i all ways remeber this " you get what you pay for"
and you need these to make a car run and the more the better
air/ the more you suck in and flow out the better.cold air intake, turbo, supercharger. port poilsh inntake manifold, throttle body.
fuel/ you can adjust fuel pressure with a regulator/ injectors.. rc.aem, b&m..ect...
spark/ good wires good plugs ect..msd, ngk, ect...

good luck and keep use posted.

P.S
you ever try those car dust mop things??