General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

whats the BEST???

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Default whats the BEST???

Hi im new trying to find out what engine is the best??? an that you can do the most to???

Thanks Jake

Old 09-20-2008, 05:39 PM

a jet engine

but seriously... engines have different characteristics that can make them better for a certain application.

what are you looking for in the engine?
do you want to turbocharge and possibly build it, or do you want to build a naturally aspirated monster?

Old 09-20-2008, 05:46 PM

well turbocharge thats what I think is the cheapest and good bang for the buck!!! if rong let me know??? Im lookin to build it up with better internals, turbocharge it and so on!!! i know it sounds crazy but thats how i am! im goin to do in over time if that makes a difference???

Old 09-20-2008, 05:48 PM

o but no NO2 I want all motor!!! o yea

Old 09-20-2008, 05:49 PM
HCF Member

Please work on your English, and Grammar before the car.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:53 PM

so engine build and high boost?

for turbocharging, i'm pretty sure you want an engine with low compression (compared to the other honda engines).
but since your building it, you can put in low compression pistons and stuff yourself.

h22a VTEC has like 200bhp stock, which is definitely a good number to start from.
Not sure how good it is for turbocharging, but i'd imagine that if you're building it it won't matter how it is in the beginning.

A popular motor for turbocharging is a B16A2 99-00 Civic Si engine or a B18C1 GSR Engine, so i'd say those are probably good for turbocharging.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:27 PM

if you dont like my ****ing English or Grammar then dont look at or post on my damn posts! why dont you grow up and take care of your own probblems and dont worry about mine. keep you comments to your self!!! ok

Old 09-20-2008, 06:29 PM

ok thanks for the help!!! I got a good idea now!!!

Thanks Jake

Old 09-20-2008, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by jakeB.
if you dont like my ****ing English or Grammar then dont look at or post on my damn posts! why dont you grow up and take care of your own probblems and dont worry about mine. keep you comments to your self!!! ok
it's bad in the first place that he said that, but the more grown up thing to do would be to just ignore what he said about it.

anyway, back on topic now please

EDIT: i see you have your basic questions answered for the most part

for more info, do some searching around the net and on the forum and ask around

just remember, for turbocharging you want low compression engine build, then turbo... since it'll be a built engine, you'll be able to up your boost pretty high, which will help you crank out some massive HP
also, with that kind of power you're gonna want a stronger clutch

and yea, turbo is probably the best bang for the buck... it's very efficient. nitrous is cheaper, but then again you have to fill up your bottle all the time ($4 a pound of NO2 typically). on the other hand, turbo will cost you more, but you don't have to pay for the air it sucks in, which is basically what you have to do for nitrous.

depending on how long you have the setup, nitrous will cost more in the long run due to filling up the bottle, and to get massive numbers out of nitrous you'd have to get an expensive direct-port setup with a few bottles.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 09-20-2008 at 06:37 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:34 PM

yea i agree!! thanks for the help!!!

Quick Reply: whats the BEST???