General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

whats better. Accord or Civic?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 05:31 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: whats better. Accord or Civic?

I would go with it. Accords are nice. The only thing I would be concerned with is the gas mileage. I got an 08' civic a few months ago and while I waited for it, the dealership gave me a brand new 07 Accord for the week. It was with leather and v6 and all. It was fast and really fun.....until I had to fill the gas tank. It was big and got like 20 mpg. I kind of wished I had been getting a new Accord but the gas milleage snapped me back to my senses. Although, that is way more new than the one you are looking at. Nonetheless, I would consider the gas you're going to have to pay, especially if you are in the 1k for a car range. Gas is only gonna get more expensive this summer.

Old 04-10-2008, 05:59 PM

For 1000 if the body and interior is indecent shape you could always drop an h22 into it for a fun ride. I havea 5 spd h22 and it is pretty fast and will probably outrun my Si. If you want to turbo f22 would be better tho. Both really good engine with a lot of aftermarket. You can go to accordinglydone.com for many answers on modifyingthe two engines, there is abundant knowledge on there.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:45 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Apostle

I would go with it. Accords are nice. The only thing I would be concerned with is the gas mileage. I got an 08' civic a few months ago and while I waited for it, the dealership gave me a brand new 07 Accord for the week. It was with leather and v6 and all. It was fast and really fun.....until I had to fill the gas tank. It was big and got like 20 mpg. I kind of wished I had been getting a new Accord but the gas milleage snapped me back to my senses. Although, that is way more new than the one you are looking at. Nonetheless, I would consider the gas you're going to have to pay, especially if you are in the 1k for a car range. Gas is only gonna get more expensive this summer.
The accord he is talking about it's similar to my other ride. The one you are talking about eventually will give less MPG because it's a V6, got to keep that on mind

My 94 accord gives me about 27 MPG

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/findacar.htm

Old 04-11-2008, 12:00 PM
HCF Member

he already sold it ><

whats a good, ceap, quick & dependable car that i could look for?

Old 04-11-2008, 12:19 PM
HCF Member

Well, in all seriousness you are asking for something that is oxymoronic. Cheap and good/dependable or somewhat of opposites. If you can find a cheap older Toyota or Honda I would say go for it. GM older cars are anything but dependable. I've had problems with older, Saturns & Pontiacs. Don't get one of those. I did have a Chevy Blazer with 400,000 miles on and I traded it in for 200 and it still ran when I traded it.

That's about all I got for ya.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:48 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Apostle

Well, in all seriousness you are asking for something that is oxymoronic. Cheap and good/dependable or somewhat of opposites. If you can find a cheap older Toyota or Honda I would say go for it. GM older cars are anything but dependable. I've had problems with older, Saturns & Pontiacs. Don't get one of those. I did have a Chevy Blazer with 400,000 miles on and I traded it in for 200 and it still ran when I traded it.

That's about all I got for ya.

hah thanks [:

i got 500 dollars
but i dont think i can talk my teacher down 500 for that car lol

Old 04-11-2008, 09:22 PM

I have a '97 accord lx v6 that I've had for 10 years. I had an itch to get a civic Si so I bought the 2000 si. After three months I would say that the civic is fun to drive, and the accord is way nicer and comfortable. If you can get an accord for 1000 bucks I say HURRY! If you need some inspiration, check out cd5tuner.com.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:25 AM
HCF Member

oo very nice

what do you think an accord to do a 1/4 mile in

stock?

&

stock engine boosted. intake. headers. exhaust.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:54 AM
HCF Member

wheres a good place to look for questions and answers on performance parts and tech stuff for accords?
ex: make it quicker
fix this fix that

thanks