General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

whats to get first?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Default whats to get first?

hey guy, i need help deciding what to get first. right now my2000 civic ex coupeis on stock 15's and should i geta skunk2coilover kitwith stock 00 si rims, or just get 17" rims? thanks

Old 02-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Default RE: whats to get first?

Coilovers. I think it will look weird with 17s on stock height. At least stock rims don't look so bad lowered.

Old 02-04-2008, 05:19 PM

yeahh...thats what i was thinkin..thanks

Old 02-04-2008, 05:21 PM

yea, before i got rims, i had my car lowered first, and it looked actually pretty good with the steelies. I used duplicolor wheel paint and painted them gunmetal. It looked pretty sweet. It was a good way to transition to lowered with rims when on a budget where you can't buy everything at once.

Old 02-04-2008, 05:36 PM

yeah, im tight for money, and im itching soo bad to get my car lowerd, waiting for taxes to come back =) but theres 1 or 2 civic around where i live that are lowerd and even on stock hub caps it looks alot sleeker. i talked to a guy on vivid racing cuz i was just gona get the springs and he told me its better to get the coilover kit cuz you shocks will blow out...i found a set of skunk2's on ebay new for $600 with top mounts, im hoping this is a good buy?..as stupid as it sounds i cant afford a buddyclub ($1200) coildover kit =( but i herd skunk2 is pretty good. suggestions and comment are very much appreceated. thanks

Old 02-04-2008, 05:52 PM

these are the same one on ebay : http://www.procivic.com/pages-produc...324/index.html

any good?

Old 02-04-2008, 06:52 PM

yea, i don't know so much about coilovers, but I have heard that the skunk2's are pretty good. Also, you might look into ground control coilovers. I've heard those are also good. Make sure the ones on eBay look legit and not a scam. Check the seller's feedback and whatnot. Easiest way to spot a scam is if the price is wayyyyyy too good to be true.

Coilovers will be a stiff ride. You might look back into springs. You will just need to buy new shocks that can handle it. I've heard the Tein S-techs can be used on stock shocks, but i'm not sure for how long.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:52 PM

yeah, i was gona get the tein Stech springs from vivid, and just put em on the stock shocks,but the guy said id blow my shocks out in a few weeks, so i dont want to risk it. and ill problay just end up ordering the coilovers from procivic..by the time im done with ebay and shipping the price will be about the same.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:03 PM

get the coilovers. those Skunk2's are nice but may ride a little rough.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:12 AM

what about the sleeve type coilovers? with some good shocks like koni yellows or tokico blues? does anyone know how the skunk2 sleeves ride.? thats what i was thinking about getting http://robearracing.com/pd_skunk2_ra..._kit_civic.cfm

Quick Reply: whats to get first?