General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

What's up with Tiburons?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 12:02 AM
Default What's up with Tiburons?

Some kid in a Tiburon was tailing me tonight and staging me at a light, but I just let him zoom off like a dumbass, partly because I assumed he would stomp me pretty good. But then I get home and look up some numbers on this car and I see it's only ~180 hp? That seems pathetically low to me for a V6. And it only runs the quarter in high 15s? I don't get it. Am I missing something? Is having V6 somehow magical? I thought such a wanna-be pocket rocket would have a little more oomph to it than that [sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 11-14-2005, 12:10 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: What's up with Tiburons?

Stock Tiburons are way overrated. My buddy has one and me and him faced off on a back road one day for ***** and giggles. I owned his ***. I was pretty suprised but I didnt feel bad showing him up. If some work is done to them though they can be pretty quick. But theyre still Korean cars. Wouldnt trust them myself personally.[:'(]

Old 11-14-2005, 10:06 AM
HCF Member

But theyre still Korean cars.
With warranties better than anything Japanese car makers have offered .

Old 11-14-2005, 10:40 AM
HCF Member

i think they are kinda cool sometimes....but i dont like them, and around here its always chicks driving them around too

Old 11-14-2005, 11:26 AM

Well, I think they're crap. We see them in all the time at the shop because the parts used to make them are always cheap. I don't think they look that good either.

Old 11-14-2005, 11:31 AM
HCF Member

I honestly thing the Tiburan is the biggest pile of crap wanna be fast car out there. With the exeption of maybe the Celica and newer gen Eclipses. At least the Civic and similar cars are ment to be economical cars. These cars are all made to be fast, and they're just not.

Old 11-14-2005, 11:51 AM

ORIGINAL: Mad7s

But theyre still Korean cars.
With warranties better than anything Japanese car makers have offered .
Well, that's simply because they NEED the warranties...

Old 11-14-2005, 02:15 PM

All young chicks around here either drive a Tiburan or a sun fire. They act like there driving around a porch or something and they really arent that fast. Irritating [:@].

Jeff

Old 11-14-2005, 03:11 PM

^^^ sunfire pfffhahaha

Old 11-14-2005, 03:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Xoopiter

All young chicks around here either drive a Tiburan or a sun fire. They act like there driving around a porch or something and they really arent that fast. Irritating [:@].

Jeff
One of my ex-friends drives a Sunfire. She thinks she's all that because she bought a pair of blue headlights..... [sm=chairshot.gif] So I caught up with her one day after she started trying to talk stuff, and own3d her with my HIDs.... We also raced one day, and since she just plain sucks at driving a stick (the car is an MTX base model), I even beat her in my '97 Taurus! She was pretty embarrased after that.