General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

What's Wrong with your Civic?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 05:55 AM

2000 Civic LX sedan - 126,000 miles

.:Cracked header
.:CEL for primary O2 sensor
.:Worn rear main seal, valve seals, and bad oil pan gasket, burns and leaks oil
.:Valve tick like crazy
.:Minor cold start knock
.:Front lip paint is badly damaged from rocks and construction debris
.:Clear coat damage on the rear bumper. The shape resembles a model of the female reproductive system. No joke.
.:Chunk of paint missing from front bumper where someone backed into me
.:Chunk of paint and bondo missing from right rear wheel well where I bumped it loading an engine into the back seat
.:Black coating on interior vinyl and plastic is wearing off and chipping
.:Steering wheel is off by one spline to the left
.:Left side of hood appears separated from the fender to the point where you can see the hood damper when the hood is closed
.:Chunk of paint missing from passenger side fog light bezel
.:Rock chips in the hood, but there's another layer of base and clear so it almost looks normal.
.:Worn out suspension
.:Sunburned leather seats
.:Peeling tint on 2 windows
.:Intermittent electrical problems with head unit and battery
.:Passenger rear door has never opened right since it's been hit twice and replaced twice.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by m@nny
00 Honda Civic EX, missing the tweeters that go on the door, window motors are weak :S A/C compressor died 4 months ago
I have a set of tweeters (no pods though). I just replaced the front speaker system with a component speaker set so the OEM tweeters are just sitting in my garage. I'll send ya a PM to see if you are interested.

Anyways...

No paint on the front end
Dent in driver fender
All sorts of dents/waves/rust in the rear driver 1/4 panel
OEM seats still installed in the car LOL
Boost switch for the meth injection sticks "On" sometimes

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 11-09-2010 at 07:20 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:10 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by 94civichatchback
if you buy a new gasket for the oil pan and replace it right the first time you wouldnt have that problem, if you dont get the seal all the way flush and straight then it will leak, as for the distributor, take the whole thing off (3 12mm bolts) and replace the oring
1st time I bought a new pan and gasket. Used the gasket and RTV. It leaked. Bought a new gasket and used no RTV. Leaked. New gasket and Honda Bond only on corners and bought a new torque wrench. Leaked the worst of all.
Now it's just straight Honda Bond. No gasket. Will try to let it dry for a couple of days before putting oil in. Will see if that works.

Originally Posted by Mecca8383
Were you trying to clean your engine? That grease can come off alot easier if the engine is warm. Cover the dizzy & alternator, Spray the degreaser..let it set(3-5 minutes) then spray down with a waterhose(not high pressure). Should be easier.
I did warm the engine a little. The problem is that the rest of the engine bay and region doesn't get warm. This car looks like it had leaked since it was new. Everything under the car is coated with a very think layer (ie you can scrape it off with a screwdriver) anywhere from 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick. Even a pressure washer isn't taking it off easily. This is years and years of buildup. The only way it will ever be truly clean is to pull the engine and tranny out and start from there.
It took over an hour to clean the passenger side suspension parts because the the axle grease. That thing looked like it had blown apart 6 years ago.

Last edited by TiggerDX; 11-09-2010 at 09:19 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:49 PM
August 2010 ROTM

-Unpainted hood.
-Unpainted bumper.
-Dent in trunk lid from where I was backed into.
-Cigarette burn in driver's side RSX seat.
-Rear tires need to be replaced soon.
-CEL because of no cat (secondary O2 sensor.)
-Needs to be detailed.

The unpainted hood bugs me the worst. I think it looks so ugly.

Old 11-09-2010, 02:56 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
OEM seats still installed in the car LOL
That's not something wrong with the Civic, those seats stay nice and comfortable over years as long as you have a flat butt & weigh less than 140lbs.

Old 11-09-2010, 03:05 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by TiggerDX
I did warm the engine a little. The problem is that the rest of the engine bay and region doesn't get warm. This car looks like it had leaked since it was new. Everything under the car is coated with a very think layer (ie you can scrape it off with a screwdriver) anywhere from 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick. Even a pressure washer isn't taking it off easily. This is years and years of buildup. The only way it will ever be truly clean is to pull the engine and tranny out and start from there.
It took over an hour to clean the passenger side suspension parts because the the axle grease. That thing looked like it had blown apart 6 years ago.
Check it out Boom!

Get one of those brushes that clean the inside of baby bottles for the small spaces of your engine, and buy a Bristle Brush(the one you clean your toilet with) for the large areas. With the Bristle brush you can cut off one side of the brush(the metal part) & bend it to be str8 so you can get in those tight areas to get the big parts. Just watch out for the rubber boots & bushings or the metal end will tear them.

BTW..you can try pouring warm water on the areas that don't warm up with the engine..just a suggestion.

Last edited by Mecca8383; 11-09-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:50 PM
HCF Member

bad paintjob

signals wont cancel in cold weather

warped headliner from holes in driprails

still rockin steelies!

automatic tranny!

non vtec!

Old 11-14-2010, 08:30 PM

99 civic ex 130,000 miles

-passenger power window rolls down real slow after it rains and gets stuck if rolled down all the way
-scratched up front lip and front bumper
-sometimes gets a scrapping sound on the passenger side when i hit a few small bumps on the road
-busted raybrig foglight on passenger side
-mysterious dent on passenger front fender >:|
-lights dont flash whenever i arm/disarm car

Old 11-14-2010, 10:19 PM
HCF Member

2000 civic EX 125,000

-Windows rolls down slow after it rains
-Very small rust spot on drivers rear quarter panel.(getting fixed real soon.)
Well thats it. I guess im lucky so far.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:40 PM
HCF Member

Car isn't leaking now; although that is because the head is in the shop getting milled. Found the leak. Pin hole in the head gasket. $150 wasted on fixing an oil pan leak that probably wasn't there in the first place.

Hopefully I can put it back together in one piece and have it run again. Then I can figure out the new surging issue that started after I cleaned the throttle body and surrounding sensors.

Quick Reply: What's Wrong with your Civic?