General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Where to buy performance parts for new Si's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 08:57 PM
HCF Member
Default Where to buy performance parts for new Si's?

Just wondering...

And I've wanted one for a while but someone told me the Cobalts were a lot faster... and I looked up some info on them... They come turbocharged @ 260hp!!!! No way a stock Si could take that.... I dont want to have a chevy walkin all over me.. their ugly as i dont know what too...

So what website as good performance parts and other accessories such as interior neon lights.....

1 more thing.. which has the bigger HP gain, Cold Ain Intake or Ram Air Intake...

[]

Old 04-21-2008, 09:28 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Where to buy performance parts for new Si's?

look if the cobalt has 260hp, you will never beat one with just minor mods like intake, exhaust, header. So if you goal is to beat one then make ur goal to save for a turbo. but to answer your question the CAI will give you more hp, but im my opinion $250+ is not worth the extra 3-5hp if you lucky. Dont believe what the manufactures tell you that you can get 50hp from a cold airtake complete bs. AEM and Injen say they can give you 10-15 but thats not true more like 5hp save your money or buy the exhaust and header in hopes that you will turbo. Every single person on here who has just an exhaust is loosing hp so just a heads up for you mod your car, you cant just spend a couple hundred bucks and expect to have a fast car.

Ok to answer you question i really like this website www.modacar.com they are local in my area so very nice for me lol. Ebay can have some good deals sometimes but stay away form the no name brands that you see on there like a header for $10 bucks and shipping for $50. Good luck!!!

Old 04-21-2008, 09:55 PM
HCF Member

Read up on this website and you will learn a lot. What year si do you have?

Old 04-21-2008, 10:29 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: croninc

look if the cobalt has 260hp, you will never beat one with just minor mods like intake, exhaust, header. So if you goal is to beat one then make ur goal to save for a turbo. but to answer your question the CAI will give you more hp, but im my opinion $250+ is not worth the extra 3-5hp if you lucky. Dont believe what the manufactures tell you that you can get 50hp from a cold airtake complete bs. AEM and Injen say they can give you 10-15 but thats not true more like 5hp save your money or buy the exhaust and header in hopes that you will turbo. Every single person on here who has just an exhaust is loosing hp so just a heads up for you mod your car, you cant just spend a couple hundred bucks and expect to have a fast car.

Ok to answer you question i really like this website www.modacar.com they are local in my area so very nice for me lol. Ebay can have some good deals sometimes but stay away form the no name brands that you see on there like a header for $10 bucks and shipping for $50. Good luck!!!
Don't buy a header if you plan to turbo cause you will have to take it off, and where did you hear that someone would loose hp with just an aftermarket exhaust? You might loose a little bit in the low end compared to stock, but you'll gain more in the top end cause of less flow restriction. You wont gain a lot with just an aftermarket exhaust but it's a start, just get one thats 2.25 or 2.5 if you plan to turbo. Any bigger and it's a waste unless your push'n over 500hp. that with some bolt-ons maybe 12-17hp all together (unless you turbo). but otherwise good advice

Old 04-22-2008, 05:00 AM
HCF Member

ct-engineering.com

Used to be Comptech, under new ownership. start saving, and get their supercharger. that will fix those pesky Cobalts. and quality is top notch. Im friends with one of the owners, and Ive pretty much switched all of my parts over to theirs if they offer what I need for my car, and I am amazed with the quality and fitment. and that SC is bad ***.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:07 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: cyberx32

Read up on this website and you will learn a lot. What year si do you have?
This will be my 2nd car.. I havent got it yet but getting a 2007 Si. I didnt really plan on doing much at first but I plan on keeping the car for a while or atleast until it's paid off. I've never had a honda before and all I have heard is how you can put crazy *** miles on them and they still run good... But over time I will want to mod quiet a bit... I was going to just start with a CAI and exhaust....The ram air intakes cost more I thought so I figured they added more HP... I was going to save for Turbo and get it lowered and that's about it....

Would that be enough to take a cobalt...

People that own those and think they are hot **** cus they can take a Si... With any other cobalt other than the SS they couldnt.. Next below the SS has 173 I think... So Im sure if the Si's came stock with Turbochargers like the new Cobalts... They'd eat it!

Old 04-22-2008, 06:10 AM
HCF Member

www.modacar.com doesnt have CAI's for anything under a 2006. Or any parts for a 2007 that I can see.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:37 AM
HCF Member

Sorry for my lack of knowladge about civic's and car's all together really... I was watching videos on youtube of Scion Tc's racing a new Si and there were a few people saying a Tc engine can handle a turbo and if you put turbo on a Si it'd blow the engine up due to honda's engine not being able to support the power you'd get from the turbo.. I believe the guy said "You can just about sneeze in a honda's intakeand makeit blow"

Old 04-22-2008, 10:45 AM
HCF Member

A cobalt may have all that, but it will only last like that for a short time
hondas will always run years past chevys

Old 04-22-2008, 11:08 AM
HCF Member

if you have a k20 motor with a turbo charger, you are looking about 280hp and 220hp. Which is ok, but your torque ratio is low. I dont know why honda doesnt put similar hp to torque ratio in civic Si. Probably to save gas? idk[&:]

Quick Reply: Where to buy performance parts for new Si's?