General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Where to start?

Old 08-29-2009, 03:10 PM
HCF Member
Default Where to start?

Hey all - been a while since I've posted here.. I was thinking about possibly starting up working on my 00 EX and have no idea where to start - its completely stock ding or two (one nice one under the driver's side rear light ). I would like to get a nice set of wheels for it, possibly add some of those nice black headlights to it (sorry, have not a clue on what they are called). It'll be my first car that I've actually put some money into and actually worked on - so definitely a learning experience.

I've also noticed that my headlights have that weird fog type residue, I don't know if it is in the inside or outside..

What do you guys think about lip kits? Are they a giant waste of money?

Here is a couple crap pictures -> link

Thanks - feel free to post with some suggestions, it would be awesome!

Major

Last edited by Major; 08-29-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:25 PM
Chubby Chaser

you can get a headlight cleaning kit. its on the outside. i've used a buffer on a few to clean them up also.

lip kits - yes well worth it
lower just a bit also.
and look for some nice 15-16 inch rims.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:01 PM
HCF Member

Thanks! Any specific kits you would recommend? Would 17 inches be overkill?

Old 08-29-2009, 06:16 PM

17" rims are overkill, yes

Old 08-29-2009, 06:33 PM
HCF Member

Does it matter if they are 15'' or 16'' either way if I lower it 2 inches?

Old 08-29-2009, 07:59 PM
HCF Member

Well whats your budget in the first place? There are so many wheels out there. If you want something easy, buy a pair of Si wheels. Probably about $500 with a good set of tires on it. If not, then look at Rotas, they make all sorts of nice wheels, but they will be more of course. And as far as the lowering, probably not. But a nice set of wheels, a lowering, a front lip and a Si style grill will make your car look sexy. But if you plan on doing all that, then I'd think about getting an alarm, cause you don't want your **** to get stolen.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:00 PM
HCF Member

Are the SI wheels just found locally or is there an actual dealership that still carry them? Budget wise, I'll probably start tinkering around 1200-1500 dollars.

Thanks for all the fast replies

Old 08-29-2009, 11:04 PM

Both. They are easier to find from the dealer, and will be brand new. However, they run a pretty penny for stock wheels. They are harder to find used, but not terribly hard. They will be less expensive used than new but still relatively expensive for used OEM wheels simply because of their demand.

If you have that high of a budget I would go with some much nicer wheels.

Old 08-30-2009, 05:54 AM
HCF Member

yea with that budget you could get some nice new wheels and good tires new
check out tirerack.com and look for wheels and tires
and 16's are fine on your car but i prefer 15's
the 16 ride a lil rougher but will give you the lower profile tire look
15's ride smoother and look better IMO

Old 08-30-2009, 06:16 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya you got a good idea going. 17s IMO look great BUT ride like crap... the factory 99-00 si 15inch wheels look great IMO and since they are only 15s they should still ride good even lowered... the lower you go the ruffer the ride will be! i had my old civic slammed and 17s and it was defiantly not a smooth ride.LOL but looked great. but i wouldnt go with 17s again. those si wheels are a great choice!

i like greddys civic. i think we can all agree he does good work and its nice and clean.
just a quick idea for ya. hes lowered on ground control coilovers and koni yellow struts. IMO best combo for a lowered civic! and its fully adjustable so if its to low... no problem.. or not low enough... no problem

Originally Posted by GReddy_Civic
QUICK photoshoot, auto settings, no tripod, seems like its not low enough, workin on it though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where to start?