General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Why do people hate civics, love integras?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 12:16 AM
Default Why do people hate civics, love integras?

Okay, so lately I've been noticing something. Basically, people love integras but they don't like Civics. I have noticed people always commenting on my friend's 1995 Integra LS which right now has a messed up fender and a steel wheel on the back. So yeah what's the deal? As far as they know, I could have like a B18C5 or a turbo LS under the hood! has anyone here noticed this??? The Civic and the integra are, after all, pretty much the same car with a different twist...

Old 05-23-2006, 01:03 AM
Default RE: Why do people hate civics, love integras?

well probably because a lot of the people that i like to call ricers that only have intake and exhaust and that they have vtec think there civic is pushing 200+ hp give civic a bad rep. those people will mess with anybody doesnt matter whether the person their messing with has a 4 cylinder or a v8. I love when i see people with there late 80's D15 saying that there civic is fast from a intake, exhaust and header. I can honestly say I have met more ricers then people that actually have work done to there car.

Old 05-23-2006, 01:45 AM

well, my late 80's crx, pushes 90HP stock, add intake, 13HP, header/exaust 30-40+HP, if im lucky, that brings me up to a grand total of 143HP, but wait if i were to add this to the mini me swap i am doing, that would put my car at 130-140HP, + the I/H/E= damn 193Hp, which is just under 200Hp, with 4 mods, the three you said, plus the ONE i added...hmmm, i dont mean to sound like a dick, but obviously you are being oine right along with me, and you obviously dont know what an f'ing ricer is!!! you totally went off topic with your post.

now for this original post, i notice this too, i think it is becasue most ppl when they hear integra, they think fast, (cause thats how they are mde) but when they hear civic they think (slow/gas saver)...but honestly if you were to put a B18 into a civ. it would be a hell of alot nicer than a integra...imo!

i am not tryin to be a ********, but i hate it when ppl assume that ppl with only I/H/E are ricers, but they arent, those are the 3 basic mods to a civic, that damn near everybody does!!!

Old 05-23-2006, 09:18 AM
HCF Member

yeah they are basic mods that almost everybody does, but it doesnt make it fast. it makes it faster, but youre not going to be killing mustangs and camaros. and thats the attitude of a lot of civic guys out there, that they are unstoppable with that I/H/E. and youll be sorely disappointed if you think that those mods gave you that much power. advertised gains arent usually anywhere near what you actually get. and even then, you cant just keep adding the advertised gains together. Ive made that mistake before, and what should have been about 30 hp gains turned out to be about 15, but each mod adds power in a certain rpm range, so that 15hp was solid from 3000-8000rpms. instead of 30 more in one place, it was 15 spread out. intake header and exhaust might be good for a peak gain of 15-20hp. not the 53 you are thinking.

And im not knocking people with simple mods at all. you have to start somewhere, and some people are happy with just a little more get-up-n-go for getting on the freeway, and thats fine. but now that i look back on how i used to race everyone when i had a few simple mods on my single slammer, and i compare that to my car now, and its a good thing i didnt have my car the way it is now back when I was all into street racing, because I would have ended up wrecking or going to jail. my car is pretty quick now, but I still dont think its "fast". Ive ridden in "fast" cars, and mines not at that level. But I like it, and I will get it to the point that I might actually consider it, "fast". but also, it takes time and/or money to build a car up, and mine has taken me going on 6 years, and five jobs. and a lot of borrowing and trading work for parts with friends. I dont want anyone to think im getting snobby about my car, it still needs a lot of work, and sometimes Im jealous of some of the almost stock cars that are totally reliable. I havent even taken mine on a road trip in a while because it needs a few maintenance things done first. just dont think your car is fast because youve got a couple simple mods on it, and try to shove how "fast it is" into everyones face. youll look like an idiot when you run into a 'vette, camaro, mustang GT, turbo eclipse, Golf GTI, etc, etc. and then they will make fun of all civic guys because they think its a good indicator of all civic enthusiasts.

and integras are "nicer" cars, and acura is a "luxury" car brand. thats why people give them more respect. I mean, would you rather have a Ford, or a Jaguar? thats how they see a civic and an Integra. but we know better, dont we

Old 05-23-2006, 09:22 AM
HCF Member

13HP, header/exaust 30-40+HP
LOL is this stuff made from un-obtainium? Without a dyno to show the gains I would seriously doubt you're getting 30-40 from a H/E....unless you piped in some type of small shot NOS or turbo.....

youll look like an idiot when you run into a 'vette
Now there is a fast ride (refering to a fairly stock 2002 Z-O6)

Old 05-23-2006, 01:36 PM

Good points, and speaking of the intake, I was at a car meeting the other night, and my friend who has a first gen integra sees another guy with a first gen integra. So he walks up to him and the first words that come out of his mouth were "what kind of intake are you running?" My other buddies and I couldn't contain our laughter, he seriously thinks that you get like 20 to 30 HP from an intake!!!! man he was completely oblivious to how much of a dumbass he looked just then!

Old 05-23-2006, 01:49 PM

its weird that name brand intakes and exhaust report smaller gains in HP then ebay stuff.... so id say that they are just people that believe everything they are told.

Old 05-23-2006, 01:52 PM

ORIGINAL: hondaracer05

well, my late 80's crx, pushes 90HP stock, add intake, 13HP, header/exaust 30-40+HP, if im lucky, that brings me up to a grand total of 143HP, but wait if i were to add this to the mini me swap i am doing, that would put my car at 130-140HP, + the I/H/E= damn 193Hp, which is just under 200Hp, with 4 mods, the three you said, plus the ONE i added...hmmm, i dont mean to sound like a dick, but obviously you are being oine right along with me, and you obviously dont know what an f'ing ricer is!!! you totally went off topic with your post.

i am not tryin to be a ********, but i hate it when ppl assume that ppl with only I/H/E are ricers, but they arent, those are the 3 basic mods to a civic, that damn near everybody does!!!
with all that done, you car will only have like 115hp at the wheels. a stock d16z6 dynoes out at about 100 whp, your mini-me will have less because of less displacement. 1 full point of compression only adds about 5% power max, so you are lucky if you make it to equal to a stock z6. an intake realistically only adds about 5hp to the wheels if that, and a header exhaust combo about 10-15 depending on design. my friends 94 integra ls with just an exhaust is still equal if not faster than my car which is a 90 dx with obd1 and a real z6 swap along with an intake and full exhaust. the only thing i am waiting on is a header and a new clutch

Old 05-23-2006, 02:11 PM
HCF Member

People hate Civics because they are slow and half of them are ricer that drives it thinking that their muffler making it fast and their spoiler adding 25whp.

Old 05-23-2006, 02:38 PM

yes true, those stickers and that bigass wing adds like 50 hp haha! Oh and both my brother and my friend have 94 integra LS's and I have my D16Z6 civic. All pretty much stock but in about a quarter mile, they're about a car length and a half in front of me, so the LS is a bit quicker. But still, not enough for everyone, even people who don't know stuff about cars, to have that opinion. Personally, I like my civic better. But that's just me and after driving both of the cars, seeing them sitting side by side, yadda yadda. the only real difference between the civic and the integra is that the integra has a low fuel light, better cupholders, and lumbar support. Whoopdeedoo.

Quick Reply: Why do people hate civics, love integras?