General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Why I love driving my car.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 01:42 PM
HCF Member
Default Why I love driving my car.

I think the best thing about driving is of course the freedom. I also love to practice going through all the gears and how smoothly I can shift slowly and also going fast. I love the sound of the engine when it revvs up. How it makes me wish I had an unlimited amount of money so i can just make my car a complete beast! With a clean look of course =). Why do you guys/gals love driving? What makes it different to you then driving any other car?

Old 09-10-2009, 02:07 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Because it's better than walking?

The civic - Definitely the way it handled. Hypothetically speaking, I probably could have taken a 25mph (advisory speed, not posted limit) right-hand turn at around 72mph without leaving my lane. That is, of course, a hypothetical situation. I would never do something like that; not only would it be horribly illegal, but it would also be mind-numbingly reckless. I, on the other hand, and a perfectly good law-abiding citizen who maintains the legal speed limit, observes right-of-way, and dim my headlights meeting an oncoming car at 500 feet and when following a car at 300 feet.

The mustang - I'd have to say the whole car... the shift feel is amazingly firm; you can actually feel it going into each gear. None of that "This is first. Or maybe third, I'm not really sure" stuff other cars have. The interior is incredibly comfortable, especially for a sports car, and the seats I have in it hold you in place during the turns. The torque is great to have, too, along with the gearing. I can take off in 3rd from a stop and it feels like 2nd in any other car. Of course, there's the crisp throttle response; if you so much as touch the throttle, the engine starts spinning faster, and the rpm's fall as fast as they rise. And last but not least is the attention you get driving a bright red/orange mustang that's obviously not stock

OP, you want freedom, get a motorcycle. You'll never feel free in a car again

*edit: 'course, sometimes you're on a bike and you go to scratch your ***** and hit a bump and almost lay the bike down, but anyway, what was I talking about? Oh yeah, freedom. Bikes are awesome for that.

Old 09-10-2009, 02:27 PM
HCF Member

Hahahaha, everypost has a sense of humor to it. Love it! Yea I do enjoy the shifting in mustangs, of course thier trannys built from something out of this universe! I like my civic because its MY car, it feels so much better something that you own because you work for it rather then having parents pay for it. Now everytime there is a little scratch i get all ansie and upset lol.

Had my shocks come in yesterday. I ordered 3 day shipping on my springs, they were shipped on the 3rd, so regardless of the labor day weekend, they should be here, i want a refund godamnit i need to change my oil!! Ill stop my ranting.

Also.. How bad is it driving with my torn CV joint boot? Im thinking about spraying some grease in there untill i can afford to buy a new axhole hahaha.

Old 09-10-2009, 02:52 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Haha, yeah, I try =P

You run the risk of the CV joint binding with the boot being torn, but as long as you get the axle replaced sometime soon, you'll be fine. It's not like it's going to happen 10 miles after the boot tears. Also, putting more grease in it will just make even more of a mess under your car. As the cv shaft turns, the cv joint rotates, and it'll sling the grease all over the underbody.

Old 09-10-2009, 03:07 PM
HCF Member

Allright. Ill get it replaced hopefully here next week. =(

Old 09-10-2009, 04:11 PM
HCF Member

i love how 108bhp feels quick for a stock car
and how in every parking lot my crx is the ONLY crx
and how i've never seen another white crx in person
oh yea and the whole awesome handling thing mines not as good as reapers but its still awesome

Old 09-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Hey, I didn't say it happened or the car was capable of it, it was just a theoretical. The whole law-abiding thing and whatnot... *looks around for LEOs*

Old 09-11-2009, 02:19 PM
July 2010 ROTM

having the quickest import around. having the CLASSIEST import around. mind you all i live in rural alabama, but still. gas mileage, nimbleness, easy on tires and brakes. having something relatively easy (so far!) to wrench on. and all around brotherhood feeling i get thats not so prevalent with the domestic/muscle crowd. all the civ guys are pretty cool...

Old 09-11-2009, 04:10 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by reaper2022
Hey, I didn't say it happened or the car was capable of it, it was just a theoretical. The whole law-abiding thing and whatnot... *looks around for LEOs*
sotty to bust you but i believe you told a story of the "theoretical" post above and you were excited cuz you had no body roll

Old 09-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I started the story off with saying it was a hypothetical situation. Or are you referring to me talking about it in another post? Because if you were, that was a hypothetical situation, too.

Quick Reply: Why I love driving my car.