General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Window glass question...

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 06:52 PM
Default Window glass question...

My freakin driver side window glass shattered the other day when I was trying to get it back into the tracks, so now I need a new one. I have a 94 EX coupe, with the power windows. My question is this...will the window glass from all civic coupes 92-95 fit? Does the power windows require different glass than the dx and lx etc... models with manual crank windows?

I thought I founda window the other day from a local junkyard but after installation it seemed to be about a quarter inch too small all the way around, and I remember the same junkyard telling me they had a 96 civic a couple months ago when I was looking for something else, so I'm assuming theyre just idiots and gave me that one when I specifically asked for a 94.

I'm tryin to get one as cheap as possible so going the junkyard route which is why I ask, but if I can't find one does anyone know how much it would be to take it to a window/glass place and just get it fixed there? I called the local honda dealer and they quoted me at 150 for the window...don't wanna pay that much. Thanks.