General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Window Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 09:14 AM
HCF Member
Default Window Problems

when i roll up my windows they seem to get off track. by get off track i mean, they are infront of this little black rubber thing. this gives the apperance that my window is warpped. i was wondering if anyone knew what i should do to fix this. and i can't roll up the passenger side window from the passenger side. also was wondering if anyone knew what i could do.

Old 05-08-2006, 02:51 AM
Default RE: Window Problems

I have the same problem with my front windows on my '98 EK hatch. The front window winders have been replaced by a previous owner with an aftermarket electric window kit. Both sides are pretty dodgy, neither are nice and smooth. The offside window seems to tilt when you first press the button, and it no longer seals correctly along the centre pillar. Not sure how easy this is to fix, as it means taking off the door panel to have a look...

I was thinking about waiting till I get my windows tinted so the guys could have a look once the windows are out, but we will have to see. I have a feeling the runners that the windows roll on must start to wear or loosen after time, allowing the window to tilt before it actually starts to move. A job for a nice warm dry day though me thinks - nothing worse than trying to work in the rain.

=chris=

Old 05-08-2006, 07:15 AM

I have only seen this problem a couple of time, but both times it turned out to be the window regulator was worn out were the two bars cross.

Old 05-08-2006, 04:59 PM
HCF Member

thanks to you both for help. when regulators bars are crossed does that mean that they need to be replaced or just take the door panel off when and fix the bars?
________
FREE BED BATH AND BEYOND GIFT CARD

Last edited by BrianT; 04-28-2011 at 08:53 AM.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:14 AM

Sorry, what I meant by crossed is That is where they are hinge together. There is like a big rivit that holds them together and it gets worn out allowing the window to shift in all directions.

Old 05-09-2006, 10:17 AM

yea my driver side front window did that for the longest time...then one day..it just stopped

Old 05-09-2006, 06:47 PM
HCF Member

yea it's really werid it doesn't do it all the time. but i will check it ok this weekend when i am off work. but is there thing that i looking for in general?
________
Lamborghini Murci?lago

Last edited by BrianT; 04-28-2011 at 08:53 AM.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:47 PM

I have the same problem on my Civic EX 2000. The drivers window drops out of the guide rubber tracking on both sides.

I've had the door panel off (and magically didn't break the plastic clips!) and found the only way to get the window back in the tracking is to undo the bolt at the front of the door which retains the strut that the rubber tracking fits in to.

This allows you to move the strut sideways, slot the window back in the rubber tracking and then tighten the strut up again.

However, whilst this allows me to get the window back in, it has a tendency to be a bit juddery and keeps popping out again. When I raise the window from it's lowest point, it jolts and lifts the rear of the window first and this is when it tends to pop out. I have to play around with the strut position to get this right - it needs to be loose enough to allow the window to slide up and down and be tight enough to keep it from popping out.

There is a guide mark for the strut bolt. This is marked ito the door panel but I think I need to adjust it tighter to get it working optimally.

Getting the door panel back on is also a very tight fit - I'm hoping that somewhere in this forum someone has already written an answer for that one!!!

Old 09-06-2006, 10:46 PM
HCF Member

thanks for the info. i just got it out of the shop, so hopefully that took care of it. if it doesn't then i will try your idea. I too have had the door panel off. the way that i have found to put back on best is to take those little plastic clips out of the door and slide them into the slots then just line the door panel to the holes were they go. i hope that helped you some.
________
CHEAP SAWED PUMP AIRSOFT SHOTGUN SHELLS

Last edited by BrianT; 04-28-2011 at 10:11 AM.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:23 PM

That was the easy part Just lined them up and banged them in.

It was getting the top ridge of the plastic door panel over the window sill that is proving harder than it should be. It still isn't right and I'm gonna have to tackle it again this week. grrr!!

Quick Reply: Window Problems