General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

WMA put on CD's

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 11:05 AM
HCF Member
Default WMA put on CD's

My 06 Civic has MP3/WMA media available on the radio.

I am having trouble making WMA files.

I was playing around with the Windows Media Player and my CD burner and somehow did the following.

I have burned a CD with four folders. Folders 1 and 2 are empty and folder 3 has one full length CD by one band in it and folder 4 has another full CD by another band in it. The folders and song names are all listed as unknown.

The civic's owners manual says I can play up to 250 folders on a CD.

I am not sure how I did it and don't know how to get more folders and music on a CD and also name them so it shows up on the display properly.

Any help would be appreciated.
You can e-mail me if you want.

Thanks
Ron

Flyboy1ron@verizon.net

Old 11-30-2006, 05:11 PM
Default RE: WMA put on CD's

you're just making a Data CD right?

When you put the CD in the burner, it probably pops up a window asking you what you'd like to do. Click on the option that says "open writeable window" or something like that. Then you can click and drag whatever you want, then click burn. For folders, just go to the FILE tab and click NEW in the drop tab.

Old 11-30-2006, 07:22 PM
HCF Member

Ditto and if you computer doesn't pop up than do this

start---->my computer---->"select drive where cd is at (usually d drive)"---->open that drive (double click)----->once inside, right click or go to file new folder, and create new folder and then----->drag and drop your music files into folders-----> and then go to left side of window and click "write files to cd" and there you go.

Old 11-30-2006, 09:02 PM

it dosen't necessarily have to be a wma either, most songs are .mp3's the whole point of the folders is so that you can name them by the artist, so for example you put all of one artists music in one and so on and so on so that you can easily navigate around on your deck. Again, by doing this (burning a data cd) you can easily fit 100+ songs on a cd, however you have to have the right kind of deck to play it. I guess your stock deck can play data cd's...must be nice lol.