General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Work in Progress

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 02:07 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Work in Progress

ORIGINAL: Hailchristian

^^^thats a cool idea...or what a lot of people do is they will get the door handels off the rear doors of a 88-91 civic sedan. They have no key hole but are exactly the same size as the regular door handels..

just an idea since you mentioned your looking for the stock look....hell might as well just get new doors from the junkyard..thats what i would do.

thats wat im doing atm. i got a driver's side door so far, and ima knock the bondo out and get the passenger's side door soon.

and to addicted2bass, i sorta like the shaved door look but they wont let u on a drag strip with them.and the warped part on the driver's side is just a dent. the welding was done pretty good, i just dont want them.

Old 05-12-2008, 05:34 PM

Man, i like the way that looks, so many possibilities. I wish my dad would let me get a project car. I have a 07 civic that i plan on turboing but, im scared ****less of screwing up that car cause its brand new and im new at working on engines. i wish i had an older car i wouldnt have to be scared to learn on. but yeah man keep us updated i want to see what you do with it.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:39 PM
HCF Member

thanks shroomy, it is fun working on ur own car. its funny cause i cant FULLY work on my car cause its also my daily driver.

if ur new to working on motors grab a couple friends that do and do some simple bolt-ons and they'll b there to guide u. u can also go to a pick-a-part junkyard and doodle in the engine bays to get to know what things are and how they work.and of course ask plenty of questions, even if u think theyre stupid. its always good to know. and this site is AMAZING for information, believe me. (seafoam FTW!!!!)

ive gone from playing with valve covers to mini-me swaps and ripping apart a turbo-ed B18 to clean up the bottom-end internals cause of a bad case of blown gaskets.

btw, i just got done putting my DC headers on but my car is at my friend's atm.prolly sand down the driver's side down tomorrow.

pics soon.