General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Worlds Fast Civic For Sale On Ebay

Old 11-09-2008, 02:56 PM
HCF Member
Default Worlds Fast Civic For Sale On Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...=p4506.c0.m245

Courtesy of Autoblog.

Driving around the streets of Los Angeles, it is easy to spot a plethora of Honda Civics attempting to achieve the appearance of the world's fastest economy car. Huge shopping cart wings, monster tachometers and racing stripes often highlight the package. Legitimate world record speed isn't achieved on any city street, however, and not with any aerodynamic packages reminiscent of shopping. It is achieved on the Bonneville Salt Flats in northwestern Utah. The latest records indicate that there is only one car with the claim to the title of World's Fastest Honda Civic. That car happens to belong to automotive writer Richard Holdener and it is currently available for sale on eBay.

Richard's Lucas Oil sponsored 1999 Honda Civic Si ran a top speed of 227.7 mph back in August of this year. Despite the Civic's ability to produce 728 hp at 29 psi of boost, the record was achieved with only 15.2 psi. Inherently weak stock Honda CV joints were apparently the hold-up in laying down the full power band. It certainly wasn't due to any failure of the engine components, since the parts list reads like a roll call of some of the best names in the American Honda tuning game. Any small-displacement four cylinder engine tuned to output in excess of 700 ponies has to be stocked to the gills with improvements. The cost to own this piece of history, and the potential to make some of your own, starts at $21,777.77. The car's located in Las Vegas, Nevada, so those must be some lucky 7's in the price.

Thanks for the tip Srihari!

Old 11-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra

if i had money to blow i'd buy that car in a heart beat.

I figured the worldest fastest Honda could go faster then that though especially on the salt flats. I just watched an Integra do 153.4 mph in the 1/4 mile.

Old 11-09-2008, 04:04 PM
HCF Member

why doesn't he reinforce the cv joints or buy aftermarket/custom ones that are stronger?

and wtf did he spend $50k on? he's got tin foil dish hub caps, aluminum foil around plastic under the front bumper, LOL paintjob/decals, a built motor and turbo.

I can't wait to boost my car, want to find some place that'll let me see how fast I can go legally of course, unless I drive out to some desert.

Old 11-09-2008, 04:20 PM
Snail'n Admin

Are you serious? you obviously know nothing about racing such as that. there are no stock components on that car. There has been a lot of R&D into the wheels, tranny, motor, suspension, and custom body work all the way around. Before you come in here and try to act like youre intelligent, think again, because you suck at life.

Old 11-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Stinky Administrator

Originally Posted by inthezoneac
and wtf did he spend $50k on? he's got tin foil dish hub caps, aluminum foil around plastic under the front bumper, LOL paintjob/decals, a built motor and turbo.
no offense but thats not tin foil dish hub caps or aluminum foil those are aluminum racing disk all the salt flat racers use them. and the aluminum foil you say under the the front bumper isn't foil its a custom piece of aluminum mad for down force. oh the paint job and decals are for his sponsors.

Old 11-10-2008, 12:47 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Peg_Leg
no offense but thats not tin foil dish hub caps or aluminum foil those are aluminum racing disk all the salt flat racers use them. and the aluminum foil you say under the the front bumper isn't foil its a custom piece of aluminum mad for down force. oh the paint job and decals are for his sponsors.
i know....it was a joke....