General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Would you like this or not? cut your insurance in half!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 01:53 PM
Default Would you like this or not? cut your insurance in half!

http://infowars.net/Pages/Jul05/160705device.html

Dont really know if it is even a thought to come here but if it did would you sign up to get a 40% discount in insurance rates?

Old 07-17-2005, 02:35 PM
Default RE: Would you like this or not? cut your insurance in half!

Yeh, I don't think it would be a problem.....as long as I could cut the power or find a bypass for it.

Old 07-17-2005, 08:11 PM
HCF Member

nope. how pissed would they get when i hit 95-100 at the DRAGSTRIP?

Old 07-17-2005, 08:57 PM
HCF Member

What a feeble attempt to slow drivers. Maybe they should start taking away licenses from kids who get into at fault accidents. Postpone granting them another license for two years. Let them keep the drivers permit though. It would get idiot young drivers off the street for a while untill they learn to control themselves. It's going to be a cold day in hell before I ever let big brother in my car. Learn to pick good drivers in a better way. I hope these insurance companies go out of business.

Old 07-17-2005, 09:54 PM

Ok this is for kids, who probably aren't paying their own insurance so it wouldn't be there choice to install it in the first place. 2nd you can't just cut the power or bypass or the satallite will never receive a response for your car which will result in an immediete notificatiation to the insurance carrier and probably suspended coverage for tampering with the device

Old 07-17-2005, 11:23 PM
HCF Member

and in europe insurance is WAY more than it is here. so that could change things.

Old 07-18-2005, 03:32 AM

Taking licenses away for 2 years would do nothing. Then in 2 years they would be new drivers again, and prob forgot whatever little knowledge they did gain when they drove before. I think it would be better to educate then punish. Just my 0.02 though.

WOuld you voulentarily put this on your childrens car? I havent decided yet, im still on the fence.

Old 07-18-2005, 03:18 PM
HCF Member

LEVIII, they would keep their permits, but drive with someone to oversee them. But after getting their license back, they'll just let loose again because they don't have someone watching them anymore. So...Worthless anyway!

I don't know how this will help in the states, kind of a bigger area for sattelite to control, considering the size of England, and the States. But if it were to be implemented, they ain't puttin that sh*t in my car. I never want someone monitoring my every move. And every time you go over, you're penalized. It'd put a lot of cops out of work I think. Sure, you can still get pulled over, but getting a bill/ticket in the mail every time you went over would make you not want to speed. Just my $.02!

And I would put it in my kids car...If I had a kid...And if I could monitor it, not "Big Brother"! Kind of funny to call my kid and tell his *ss to slow down. Just the look on his face would make me want to put an in-dash camera and microphone in there too to see what else I can catch him doing! J/K!!! This product is crap. There's a point where you go too far.

Old 07-18-2005, 08:07 PM
HCF Member

they already have that. and if it was just something i could monitor, i would love to put it in my kids cars. i know that they will speed occassionally, and as long as its not by a stupid amount, im fine with it. i mean damn, even though the speed limit is 55-65 here on freeways, youll get run over if you go even near that speed. so im fine with 70mph down the freeway. and if i dont trust my kids at 70 on the freeway, they wont be driving.

Old 07-18-2005, 08:26 PM

ORIGINAL: bobbytonic
you can't just cut the power or bypass or the satallite will never receive a response for your car
I saw this on TV (news) and it plugs in where the mechanics scanner plugs in, and each month you unplug it and upload it to the insurance company through the internet. (This will be a programmer's field day, changing the data before sending.)

Quick Reply: Would you like this or not? cut your insurance in half!