General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Wrecked my civic

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 05:19 PM
HCF Member
Default Wrecked my civic

I was on the way to pick my son up for the day on Tuesday morning and as I was pulling off the exit ramp I looked down for one second and then BAM!!!! Rear ended a SUV!!!!! Buckled my hood and demolished my bumper cover(it was not in the best of shape anyways). I finally got a good chance to look at it today and the front impact bar or the actual bumper is bent to hell. All this and I just had a new windshield put in today. Been buying parts and getting ready to fix her up and then WAM she needs some major help. The mesed up thing about it all is that all he got was some dirt cleared of his bumper. His trailer hitch is what messed me up. No cops and he said there was no damage to his car so we both drove away. This has been a rough week!!!![:@][:'(][:@][:'(][:-]

Old 06-11-2008, 06:29 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Wrecked my civic

Check to make sure your rad support isn't damaged, it's a btch to fix if it is. If not, it'll be around $300 for parts etc, and just get the bumper cover paintmatched. I had to replace the exact same parts recently, good thing my friend hooked me up and got everything fixed and paintmatched for $350[8D]

Old 06-11-2008, 06:59 PM
HCF Member

Haha nice
let's see some pics

Old 06-11-2008, 07:28 PM

oh drag dude that blows ***.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:28 PM
HCF Member

yeah those damn trailer hitches are really strong. But yeah check out certifit.com. very cheap prices

Old 06-12-2008, 10:42 AM
Recognized HCF Member

dito. when i had my truck i kept my trailer hitch bar in all the time to spike anyone following me to close. tho no one ever hit it or me.LOL vehicles with real frames and steel bumpers will take alot of the impact and only scratch it!

i love seeing accidents with trucks and little cars myself because the cars always jacked to hell and the truck looks fine.LOL tho i know if i ever hit a truck in my civic it wont be so funny. LOL

Old 06-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Actually someone hit the back of my old '87 Civic hatch with some sort of car. My bumper was pushed in about 1/2 inch. His lights, grille, hood, etc. were munched beyond recognition. I was willing to let him go but figured he'd be claiming on his insurance with all that damage so we did exchange info. Later his company keeps calling me wanting to look at my car and settle the damage.

Beware when someone does just say it's OK and let you go after you hit them, sometimes you'll get scammed when they try to accuse you of hit and run or all of a sudden they claim to have a lot of injuries.

Old 06-12-2008, 11:58 AM
Recognized HCF Member

another thing that ive heard is a EXCELLENT thing to have is a camera... even a cheap disposable camera and take pictures of the damage/ plate numbers and of the driver and any pasengers you or they have.

Old 06-12-2008, 01:16 PM
HCF Member

It really does suck. I might take some pics over the weekend when I try and work some of the damage. The hood wont latch all the way. I dont think the guy will be calling me. He just got my name and address not my license number or my tag number. Even if he does there is no police report. I can put the dirt that I wiped off with my bumper if he does call!!! Whats up with that Certifit place??? There is one not too far away from.

Old 06-12-2008, 05:37 PM

that sucks man, accidents are never any fun. no injuries though? thats the main thing. all cars can be fixed.

Quick Reply: Wrecked my civic