General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

wut r the best cheapest performance mods?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 09:03 PM
Default RE: wut r the best cheapest performance mods?

Yep if u really want Performance your never going to hear the word CHEAP in the same sentence, unfortunatly you get what u pay for so just save up and buy the better products...

Old 02-16-2005, 12:33 AM

thanks for the feedback every1 i thought about and will go with some eibach coilovers to stiffen it up and a modified exhaust system

Old 02-16-2005, 02:07 AM
HCF Member

get a greddy evo2 exhuast..thats what every ones gonna tell u hehe

Old 02-16-2005, 07:41 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: DCAcivic

and the buzzer says..ehhh wrong...

the intake is a good idea but the odds of u really feeling it are slim to none. best is does is help ur mpg. and dont ever just go buy a muffler...buying just a muffler will do u nothing and make the civic= rice % higher. you need atleast a cat-back system to have performance..and u really dont wanna go to autozone for that.. best motor mods are things like new exhuast( header,downpipe,test pipe)spark plugs,ecu,vavle head work,pullys and cranks, boring out things..

after that you get into motor swaps or F/I...
And the buzzer says, WRONG!

an intake is one of the best mods and is a must if you want to get real power out of your motor. Here are the basics... THE MORE AIR YOU CAN GET IN, THE MORE POWER YOU CAN PRODUCE. As for better MPG... WRONG, think about it, you are bringing in more air which means that your ECU has to compensate and add MORE FUEL to keep your A/F ratio where it needs to be.

Also, you are suggesting thousands of dollars on internal work, pulleys and such... THEN A MOTOR SWAP which will mean that all that money went to waste. If you want a motor swap then save up and do it now. Dont waste money on a motor you are going to get rid of.[:@]

GOD!!

Old 02-16-2005, 03:42 PM
HCF Member

I thought cold air intake can better your mpg??? Thats what i heard from most people.

You can also buy these supercharger crap thing for $60 that i dont know if they even work.

Old 02-16-2005, 07:17 PM
HCF Member

an intake is one of the best mods and is a must if you want to get real power out of your motor. Here are the basics... THE MORE AIR YOU CAN GET IN, THE MORE POWER YOU CAN PRODUCE. As for better MPG... WRONG, think about it, you are bringing in more air which means that your ECU has to compensate and add MORE FUEL to keep your A/F ratio where it needs to be.
man, do i have to go through this again? i fought this out with no9t9 for like a week and a half. finally he gave up and left. but then i posted where it said i was more right. its not about more air, its about less inefficiency in pulling the air through the filter. and anyways. ANYTHING, short of increasing the displacement, that increases the power output, does it by increasing the efficiency of the engine. meaning that it all depends on driving habits. if you dont use the extra power that your mods give you, the increased efficiency of the engine will produce better economy. but dont worry, youll use that power. but chances are, your mileage will average slightly higher than stock.

Old 02-16-2005, 07:32 PM
HCF Member

yep

Old 02-16-2005, 08:02 PM

Yeah I've even tested this out myself. I've got a CAI and normal driving for me (flooring it every possible chance I get) makes my fuel economy terrible. But I've tried a couple of times to accelerate at only about 1/2 throttle and shift at 3500 - 4000, and I got better mileage then stock.

Old 02-17-2005, 01:06 AM
HCF Member

thank you sacicon,civica and XCM...i think polo likes to get on my *** about stuff..i dont belive i ever stated that it gives u better mpg when driving it hard polo..im sorry for ur confusion..

and we are talking about an 05' here..not really much i think u can do but put an rsx motor in..which im not saying is a bad thing..but for someone who doesnt want to do that. pullys and such will work...

god!!!

Old 02-17-2005, 04:42 AM
HCF Member

I dont agree with you guys on this, but we can just agree to disagree I guess.

Quick Reply: wut r the best cheapest performance mods?