General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Wwjd

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 10:56 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot
Default Wwjd

What Would J'all Do? little pittsburgheese for you guys haha. anyhow, im getting my income tax soon, plus im getting a refund from my college grants (whats left over, like 900 bux, and thats just from one grant), so here is my plan.. income tax = pay fine and fix civic. rims, tires, windshield, tint, paint repair, ect.. maybe a set of led tails tinted black if i got some left over so thats gone.. BUT! i get like 900 from my grants refund.. and thats just from one grant. im eligable for multiple but i missed the deadline for this semester.. so ill be getting a bigger check in the summer (if i deside to take summer courses) and in the fall, and next spring, and so on. What i really want is a car that i can show, something that people are gonna say damn, i wish i had that car. theres no way its gonna be the civic, its my first car, its my beater.. its an automatic, and its the most reliable car we ever had, and my mom takes it everywhere, i take it everywhere, so its racking up the miles and i got to keep putting in to keep it running, and no money to mod it.. so what i was thinking is with all the money ill be getting back, put 1/2 of it back for a new car. heres my plans

1. Second generation chevy blazer, white, blacked out windows, 2007 front end conversion, air ride, nice set of white rims, an insane amount of subs in the back, tv's stuff like that.. like a weekend car / show car kinda thing but similar to reapers project, i would keep the civic style in it.. im not gonna body kit and 22' chrome it up.. i would get a custom lip made, stuff like that and keep the tuner style, but just a crushed blazer, that way i can take it off road if needed (or wanted )

2. 96-97 Del Sol, white, white rims, swap, 5speed for sure, would be going for the show/track style.. i want it to be fast, but i want it to be a show car, not body kits, but clean paint job, nice rims, lowered, tv's in the visor's, just something nice

or

3. old school impala sittin on 22's lifted...

i really love the way blazers look with their nuts on the ground, i dont care if air ride is cheating, i just think it would look bad *** and have functionality.. with the del sol, i feel that i would be back in the same situation, driving it instead of the civic, and having to dump all my money in it maintenence wise instead of mod wise, and for the impala, i mean come on, they just look sick, expecially when their themed out, i would do a monster theme haha, or something like that. so, i really want opinions. no bashing, if you dont like the idea of something, just tell me why. im really considering number one. i just love the look of blazers smashed on their nuts, im not asking for bashes, im asking for honest opinions. if you like the idea, tell me what you would do to it.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:12 PM
HCF Member

I KNOW you didn't just post about making a boxed Impala. I KNOW you didn't. * bitchslap*

Your going to do better with a Del Sol than the 2nd gen blazer. They come V6 4.3. To hit show quality your going to want to V8 swap and dress up. Trust me, Expensive. Had a 4.3 back in the day. I know. Then all the stuff your going to need to run all the devices. Dude, that is mad cash.

Making a clean,quick, show style/race inspired Sol, is easy. As its not cheap per say, its cheaper than your show truck idea. And it would be a REAL car - functional and the whole 9 yards. I hate to see trucks made into art work and never driven. I hate to see any car made into art and not drive.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:25 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

Name:  donk.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  53.2 KB

i think they both look good, but like i said, with the sol, its gonna be a "i wanna drive this instead" and its gonna turn into a daily and i still wont get to customize it like i want lol

Old 02-16-2010, 12:06 AM
HCF Member

The others will be the SAME way. The exact same way. Once you start puttin parts on, your going to wanna show it off. Your going to get in it and rock it up and down the block.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:22 AM
Sir Banned-a-lot

but im not gonna drive it to school and stuff and leave it in the parkinglot.. i might take it around town but it wold be like a weekend warrior.. something to show with

Old 02-16-2010, 05:16 AM
HCF Member

Dam your such a nasty *** ricer still on the closet its discustin supersize..... If you get a del sol you re gonna rice it out and ghetto it up..... If you get an impala your not going to finish it. If you get a blazer than your just gay................. its a lose lose lose situation, id say keep your already riced out auto civic and throw a park bench on the hatch......... take it to a show.

Why isnt this in the lounge? you didn't even mention a civic....

edit: dam I just went and looked at pics again.... wth.......... people actually like that kind of stuff?

Old 02-16-2010, 10:14 AM
HCF Member

1 that blazer don't have the front end conversion 2 my friend has one and was gunna go that stuff too then found out it would take over 10g's to do what he wanted and that wasn't including the price of the vehicle
2 del sol is gunna be cheaper and faster and better on gas and cheaper to mod
3 sorry dude but you will not have the money to finish one of those impala's they are extremely expensive your looking at a custom lift for it (3g's) and then 3g's for just rims then the other mods on top of that (paint, grille, hood, tail lights)

go with the sol its the most realistic

Old 02-16-2010, 11:35 AM
HCF Member

please dont kill an impala by putting 22s on it. go for 10s and low ride it.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:38 AM
HCF Member

I vote Del Sol

Old 02-16-2010, 11:46 AM
HCF Member

ey man, def the sol. if you're worried about driving it daily, buy a piece of **** one and work on it. like you said, you'd have the money for parts and i'm sure it'll be a whole lot cheaper than the impala. look around on craigslist in your/our area for a beat up sol that you can restore. and trust me, once you get it going again i'm pretty sure that'll be enough motivation to not drive it as a daily beater. while you're working on it, you'll still have the auto ek to dd. sol for sure bro, and i'll stay tuned for the build (Y)

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/1603690818.html sol 4 u

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/1603602895.html not a bad start eg hatch

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/1598433167.html sol, needs clutch $2200

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/1579518236.html sol, good to work on, looks cheap, can def talk him down

Last edited by Dontoh; 02-16-2010 at 11:52 AM.