General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

YAY Found my Civic! Going in 1 hour to look 99% chance I buy!

Old 08-25-2009, 01:29 PM
Banned

How much does that cost, Punisher? Also what do you have to do.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:17 PM

Punisher, that's one way to do it. But honestly, if I was dumb enough to try and pull a gun on someone for money or whatever, I would be running from you or shooting you if I saw you pulling out a gun. That's a 50% chance of getting hurt. Those odds aren't good enough for me.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:55 PM
HCF Member

so OP did you take a look at the civic? how was it?

Old 08-25-2009, 05:00 PM
HCF Member

I do no know the cost. My parents paid for it. It was my birthday present. =)
You get to go to some classes, and you have to prove you can shoot. At the end of your class, you do have a test that you must pass. When you do pass it all, you have to wait for them to run your background and approve your license. It took me a few months to get my license. Longest part was waiting for the background check and whatnot.

"Punisher, that's one way to do it. But honestly, if I was dumb enough to try and pull a gun on someone for money or whatever, I would be running from you or shooting you if I saw you pulling out a gun. That's a 50% chance of getting hurt. Those odds aren't good enough for me."

Not really. Stop and think about it - ALL you need to do is keep a safety bubble at all times. If a person starts to get too close, call them on it. If they start to act more aggressive, warn them of your weapon, and your intentions if they persist.
And if you see them reach for what might be a weapon, pull yours. They most likely have theirs in their pants or something stupid. Mine is holstered properly. I know I can pull it with no issues. There are a million things to do in a situation of such, and you get taught what you need to do to protect yourself. And as long as you can prove that you felt you life was in danger, you SHOULDN'T get in trouble. I say shouldn't because you still can. But having that license helps you out a lot.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:19 PM
Banned

Well I guess I wont need to do all that becuase i'm starting college in a year to be a police officer.
My only worry with civilians carrying around a gun is some people have an anger problem. Get them too mad and they might just start blasting.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:34 PM
Chubby Chaser

i couldnt carry a weapon on me because i was a bike taxi ... we tried several times to get the city to allow us to carry... but they wouldn't..only thing they allowed us to have was a taser..

Old 08-25-2009, 06:42 PM
HCF Member

Ha- i tried to be a bike taxi. The state wouldn't let me because I have a failed court appearance on my record. I was in the G.D. hospital! Grr. I woulda still carried my gun. I just wouldn't tell my boss.

And, OP - any pics/updates?

Old 08-26-2009, 04:47 PM
HCF Member

Man you gotta love that 1% chance.

That car was rough to say the least. Drove 45 min each way to be disappointed. Lots of problems and it was in awful condition. Some stuff was the clear coat on the carbon fibre hood was gone so it looked like ****, had holes drilled for hood pins but the pins weren't there. The car was covered in dents, his sister had backed in to the driver door so it was pushed in pretty good, there was also a big dent on one of the "pillars" by rear window (not sure on technical term). He had put coilovers on it and ropped it ridiculously low. Even driving on the stock tires it would rub turning just the slightest bit, every small crack in the road you felt. It felt like the front end was gonna drop off it would be so jarring hitting them and he even says "Yea it is a little lowered an unecessary amount". The DC headers he had put on were flatted out on the bottom and worn pretty damn good from scraping so much. The shifter linkage was going bad so it was annoying as hell. The interior was falling apart, vents missing, corner speakers falling out, just not taken care of. The cars power just wasn't where it should be, he says he didn't race it... as I look around and all his friends are there with their turbo Eclipse and an SRT4. And he is telling me he never raced his Si? Good joke. He said the guy before him did a lot of work, pulled the AC and power steering, which I'm not a fan of. The guy before him also beat that car like no other, the had seen many better miles. So I thank the kid for wasting my time to go out there for his piece of ****, if you really had the time or would put up with the mess it was you could make it worth what it should.

BUT on a good note.... I bought a 97 Civic Ex today! Check out my post with pics, going to put them up in about 10 min!

Old 08-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Chubby Chaser

Originally Posted by PunisherInOKC
Ha- i tried to be a bike taxi. The state wouldn't let me because I have a failed court appearance on my record. I was in the G.D. hospital! Grr. I woulda still carried my gun. I just wouldn't tell my boss.

i was the boss i owned it.

op - so it he lied on the pics on his post it looks clean and no dents... and not to low
those must be when he first got it.. then just beat the hell outta it.

Last edited by 94civichatchback; 08-26-2009 at 05:06 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:30 PM
HCF Member

Ha yea thats why it says he has no more pics because if he took anymore you would see the problems. It had the si spoiler on it too so the pics were obviously old but how old I dont know. And it was so low to the point where even on the STOCK rims and tires the top of the tires were not visible by a pretty good amount. We also had to pop start the car, shows how well he took care of it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: YAY Found my Civic! Going in 1 hour to look 99% chance I buy!