General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Yet another Seafoam thread...

Old 11-28-2006, 12:47 AM
HCF Member
Default Yet another Seafoam thread...

So I had been reading about Seafoam on this forum for about a year now and I just did it. Holy Cleaner of Legend Batman!!!!!!!!! The idle problem I had GONE. I dont know why I never did it before. I was a bit worried about the smoke, but there really wasn't that much. I did it just after dark like the DIY suggested. Worked great.

So now after having replaced the distr cap and rotor, plugs and wires, air filter, vacuum lines, PCV valve, timing belt, fuel filter, water pump, and a few other things trying to get her to run right, Seafoam was the coup de grace. LOL

So for all you people out there that are not doing it because you are worried or scared or whatever, DO IT. It is so worth it. I would even go so far as to say that even if you get the Fire Dept. called on you, its still worth it.

I tried to record the smoke to give an idea of how bad it was but the video was really too dark to tell anything. Sorry for that. I am gonna be doing it again Saturday. I am gonna do it during the day and rec the whole thing.

SEAFOAM FTW!!!

p.s.
sorry about posting another seafoam thread, but I just had to. And to everyone that ever posted a good word about it, thanks!!!

Windcalmer

Old 11-28-2006, 02:38 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Yet another Seafoam thread...

yeah, umm...... i've heard people talk about it and this is stupid, but...... what the hell is seafoam?

Old 11-28-2006, 03:05 AM
HCF Member

It cleans the internals of your engine.

Old 11-28-2006, 09:33 AM

Good for any engine? I've never heard of it...where can you get it?

Old 11-28-2006, 02:09 PM

were can u get it and how do you use it

Old 11-28-2006, 02:20 PM
HCF Member

The local autoparts store will sell it and its not that expensive, under $10. To find out how to use it, visit the DIY section of this forum.

Old 11-29-2006, 08:12 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya great stuff for any ride BUT one thing that i have heard is that the seafoam is hard on the spark plugs... which i can see cause it scleaning out dirt from your motor and puting it right into your cylinder head before exiting.... which can stick on the plugs...
so if ya got some high dollar plugs id sugest throwing in some cheapies before seafoaming and swaping em back the next day after its good and burned thru.......

great stuff tho! i always put it thru kinda strong thru my gas tank as well. tho sometimes you can kill the motor with sucken it into the vac line.... BUT that only happened the first time i seafoamed my truck.LOL every other time i had to jump in the car and kill it with the key...

Old 01-07-2007, 11:23 AM

Only one unexpected thing happened while using seafoam. On my first application of about 1oz (high mileage164K) thru the vaccum hose, little puffs of smoke came from under the engine every time I gave it a "sip". My 2nd application didn't do this(or it was just too windy to see), again about 1oz. Any thoughts? After letting it sit and restarting, there was a little smoke out the tail pipe, but not much. End result, smoother idle and acceleration, worth every penny. And very easy to do on my EK civic. Thanks posters! I never would have known about seafoam otherwise.

Old 01-07-2007, 12:43 PM
HCF Member

Well, I don't have many engine issues atm, just a fuel filter that needs to be changed, but I guess I had better look into this seafoam business. If its the A+ product you all say it is its for sure worth a shot!

Old 01-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya its worth it on any motor vehicle!
ive used it on my truck a few times.. id do it twice and do it at the end of 2 oil changes.... before ya change your oil seafoam it and the next day change the oil... ya dont want to drive to long after seafoaming cause of all the dirt and grim it nocks loose.... also a good idea to run cheap plugs when seafoaming cause ive heard that its bad on some plugs.... so if your runnen some nice plugs id swap em in for some cheapies...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Yet another Seafoam thread...