General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

you know you are a honda owner when...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 03:38 PM
HCF Member
Default you know you are a honda owner when...

[size=2]you know your a civic owner if.....

When a guy asks if you're single and you pop your hood

You only race crotch rockets because they are the only competition

Every other car on the road is a POS if its not an civic

You know you're a badass on the highway

A Supra that runs 10s is still a POS

You no longer snore, you make boost and blow of valve noises in your sleep

You care more about the car than school or work

You drive your car 3/12 months

You walk to work/school in the cold convincing yourself that you've got a sweet car, meanwhile the civic is nice and toasty in the garage...

You hunt down other civic owners even when your in your beater and wave only to get a puzzled face

You go through tires almost as fast as gas

You source unknown expensive parts from japan to add 2 hp

You love it more than you could think of loving any woman

You're sick of the fast and the furious

You hate noobs

You have a brand new set of tires, but you keep looking at the tire ads, anyway

You can quote all of your cars specs, but can't remember your anniversary.

You take the long way everywhere and still get there first.

You can recognize another civic from ten miles away

you talk about your car like it was made by God

your an ***

your a dick

there are always 25 free parking stalls between your parked car and the store you're going to

Everytime you hear an odd sound on the highway, you pull over no matter what the traffic is looking like.

When you're in your beater and see a 10 second supra, you still look at him like you can take him on.

You're in your beater and give a ricer the finger

You have 10K in mods, but the stock stereo system

Little kids annoy the **** out of you and ask for rides

those same kids tell everyone youre their brother

You look at your boost gauge more than your spedometer

You start to lay out a 3 page plan on what your future mods are for your civic

The local carwash starts to know you by first name and gives you discounts

Ebay loves you

you time slip trap at 130+ but you 60ft. in 3 seconds

Everyone tries to race you but it is wothless to waste your gas on ricers

You spent more for your 9 year old car than your neighbor that just bought a brand new one

Snow no longer means you can go skiing in your eyes...it now means "How the **** am i gonna get home?"

It's 15 degrees outside, and you're heating water to wash the car.
As you're washing the car in number 5, you take your jacket off so it won't scratch the paint.

A cop offers to trade you a PBA card for a ride in the car (yes, its true).

You get annoyed when people go "too slow" on off-ramps, look down at your speedometer, and realize you're doing 60.

Its not a matter of if you're ever gonna get a ticket, its more of a matter of when it's gonna happen.

Speed limit signs are the work of satan, and thus you refuse to obey them.

You're girlfriend realizes when you're talking to her on the phone your readingthe hondacivicforumat the same time.

You're girlfriend one day tells you "You know I think the car's better looking than you are," and you just nod, smile, and say "Yes it is."

you no longer have a girlfriend

The comment above is true but doesn't bother you, cause your car likes it harder and faster anyway

you take offense to the fact that someone has the ***** to say "you talk about your car like it was made by God," as if they actually knew otherwise

when you hear the term "pump gas" you think of $4+ a gallon an 100+ octane

you make more power with one liter than most cars do total

when you hear the words " Fast and Furious" you cringe

you pull up to a gas station and ask if they have racing fuel and the attendant says "yeah but it's $4.50/gal, are you sure you want it?" and you say "Oh sweet, filler up."

you have your own special "civic towel" that is 100% virgin cotton that has never been in contact with fabric softener and is the only towel that is allowed to touch your paint.

you have your own special super soft wash mit that you keep in a bag in your trunk so when you're at somebody else's house and they ask if you want to wash your car you say "sure, but your wash mit has chunks in it so I'm going to use my own."

you get out of your car at the Chevron station and start taking pictures of it under the florescent lights while everybody stares at you like you're an egotistical moron and your wife is in the car trying to hide from everybody.

your x-mas list consists of cheap stuff like Lexol and motor oil because the stuff you really want nobody else can afford to buy for you

you pass by people on the freeway and smile because you're imagining what your car looks like in their eyes and the image pleases you

You have a bag of Zaino products behind your driver seat to get rid of any swirlage that catches your eyes no matter where you're at.

you go to a restaurant you park in a spot that can be seen from a window, as long as the spot won't risk you getting door dings, and then request to be seated at the table/booth by that window.

you go visit friends and family and let your wife do the talking while you stand and stare at your car out the livingroom window.

you have another car that costs less than a GReddy 3 row that you drive when it rains.

you always think of what mods you could buy if you sold that POS.

every roll of film your wife develops always has at least a couple pictures of your car from the same angles as all the other rolls of film, but in different locations and/or under different lighting.

Supra owners think you're a dick when you tell them "Nice car man!" even though you're being totally serious because you used to have a mk3 than chose to get a real car

you'd rather live in an apartment and have a nice modded civic rather than buy a house and drive a cheaper car, or stock civic

you spot a crowd of ricers and pull in and pretend you're interested in their cars when really you're just there to show yours off and check out their ladies.

you're cruising along on the freeway and you see cars in your mirrors zooming up beside you but then you lose site of them because they don't pass you. Instead they're chilling in your blind spot, drooling over your car, and you get annoyed so you pretend like you don't know they are there so you turn on your blinker and pretend you're going to hit them.

the people next to you on the plane didn't hear you correctly and think you're flying to texas to buy a civic because they're hard to come by where you're from.

you tell your brother over AIM that you're filling out a post for "you might be a civic owner if..." and he replies "you have no life, and you wack off to your own car." lol

people crap their pants when you tell them how much boost you run daily.

people think you're talking about your pet when you're talking about your Dawg.

you go browse the for sale section before a movie or tv show, during commercial breaks, and after the movie or tv show has ended, because you never know when that killer bargain will pop up.

When you're watching 25 auctions on ebay and 10 of them are civic that have already sold, 1 is a skyline you wish you could have, and the other 14 are performance parts that you wish you could have for your car

You keep busting your *** on the ice on the driveway from the water from washing your car in 20 degree weather.

You never have to ask your friends, "who wants to ride with me" When your all going out.

You would do anything for a girl who owned a civic

You peek in the garage every hour just to see if your car is ok

You love tellin

Old 01-31-2007, 04:05 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: you know you are a honda owner when...

lol great post man. Some of those things are 100% true. You gotta love Honda guys.

Old 01-31-2007, 04:09 PM

lol, i love the one about wacking off to your honda, just because i've been told i do by so many people, including my girl friend.

Old 01-31-2007, 04:11 PM
HCF Member

if any of them are offending guys I am sorry like the you are an *** one you are a dick. sorry I just copied this from another site.

Old 01-31-2007, 04:21 PM
HCF Member

You're girlfriend realizes when you're talking to her on the phone your reading HondaCivicForum.comat the same time.
fixed that one... Good find Tater

Old 01-31-2007, 04:38 PM

^ Haha. That's happened countless times here.

Old 01-31-2007, 04:52 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Tater
You take the long way everywhere and still get there first.
So true, so true. Great find Tater!!!

Old 01-31-2007, 05:24 PM

I guess I just dont take care of my exterior like you guys.. but I do look at supras like I could beat there ***... and there's always that doubt in there eyes... always...

Old 01-31-2007, 05:29 PM
Eun

bwahaha, so true except a couple of them

Old 01-31-2007, 06:24 PM

lol GREATEST POST EVER...sooooooo true....wow im going to print that out and put it on the wall

Quick Reply: you know you are a honda owner when...