General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Your advice needed - 7th Gen Civic or next generation Miata / Kabura

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 12:10 AM
Default Your advice needed - 7th Gen Civic or next generation Miata / Kabura

Hi all, long time 7th gen fan here. In the next few months I was going to purchase one, throw some money into it and make a fun and fast project car out of it. But just these two days I saw pics of an upcoming Miata based car called the Kabura (specs here). I wasn't considering getting a new car, but the pics of this thing really made my jaws drop. So.. the question is, get an older car I can make a project out of, or hold off hoping that they'll actually make this Kabura car. Opinions?? Thanks.

Here's a couple pics of this car that's put me in this dilemma.

Old 01-09-2006, 12:13 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Your advice needed - 7th Gen Civic or next generation Miata / Kabura

Power is supplied to Kabura’s rear wheels by a 2.0-liter version of Mazda’s highly respected MZR DOHC 16-valve engine and through to 245/35R19 Bridgestone Potenza front tires and 245/35R20 tires at the rear. While this concept has been constructed over several MX-5 chassis components, basic dimensions fall between Mazda’s MX-5 and RX-8 sportscars.
I'm guessin' this will actually be the chassis/body for the next RX-7 and use the 1.3 liter rotary, which is just as small as a small-four banger engine.

if so, better have LOTS of money, because RX cars ain't cheap...

that said, I'd definitely go for a new RX-7. I had an old one, but jeezis could that thing handle.

actually, almost all the new mazdas handle pretty good.

Old 01-09-2006, 12:14 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Your advice needed - 7th Gen Civic or next generation Miata / Kabura

Well, first, welcome to the forum.

Second, since you joined a Honda Civic forum, it sounds like you may be leaning toward the Civic.

Third, the pics don't work.

Fourth, the older car will probably keep you out of debt and therefore leave you with more money to mod.

and 5th and most importantly, get a 5th gen. they pwn.

Old 01-09-2006, 12:15 AM
HCF Member

It all depends on your budget. For 15K a civic iwll be untouchable on the street. 2

Old 01-09-2006, 12:16 AM

Sorry here are pics.. and here are SPECS

Thanks for all the quick replies!

Old 01-09-2006, 12:20 AM
HCF Member

I'm definitely thinkin' new RX-7 chassis after lookin' at those huge wheels and small stubby dimensions.

Old 01-09-2006, 08:53 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

looks like a cross between an RX8 and a crossfire.... No sir, I don't like it

Like pcupo said, get a cheap civic and invest as much into it as you can, and you'll be more than satisfied.

Old 01-09-2006, 11:33 AM

i dont like it... as a fellow 7th gen owner. go for it. turbo that ho!