General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

YYYYAAAAAYYYYY!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 06:00 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: YYYYAAAAAYYYYY!!!!

you get what you pay for
Ya know, i've always lived by that statement, but these are just bars... I can understand the difference between a Greddy exaust, and a Ractive, but i didnt think there would be quite as much difference in struts..

Old 03-30-2005, 11:19 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Mad7s

what do strut tower braces do?
Tighten up your suspension. Take corners and turns faster! I'm sure one of the tech guys will drop a more advanced explanation for ya, but that's the main jist of things.
It doesnt really tighten up your suspension but it stop the flex in the body of the car. The strut bars just unite the body as one.
Also, it is a VERY good idea to get rear strut bars too. If you put front struts on and no rear, you will feel the *** of the car swinging.

Old 03-30-2005, 11:45 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 2000Ex

I don't have a fancy explination but it takes away body roll so that you can make spirited turns better.

EDIT:

Now my question, Is it worth it to get a name brand, it doesn't look like a complicated piece. is it worth the 150 do get like eibach or will an ebay version work jsut as well. I want to know I will do some research of my own int he form of jumping down a few niches.

Id go the ebay way. I payed $40 for my whole set. They havent bent and I have been giving them hell. They wont bend unless there is some serious turning going on... like track conditions. But if they bend, you can always say "eh, it was only $40" compared to saying "!@#$ , %*$&# that was $150 !@#$ bar!" and you will walk around stomping over a metal rod.

Old 03-30-2005, 12:02 PM
HCF Member

Okay then I jsut saved some major money. Thanks boys. I can buy strut bars soon now. I don't know if any of you are army related but HOOAH

Do these look okay?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW they are 36 out the door
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

Old 03-30-2005, 12:39 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

I payed $40 for my whole set
where at man??

Old 03-30-2005, 04:13 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: remington870_20ga
Also, it is a VERY good idea to get rear strut bars too. If you put front struts on and no rear, you will feel the *** of the car swinging.
actually, its the exact opposite, at least in a civic

if your on a tight budget, your gunna want tighter suspension in the back and leave the front *prepares to get flamed*. now i know that the factory recommends the opposite. this will present its advantages (or disadvantages if you look at it in a different way). if your suspension is tighter in one end it will make that end tend to slide around corners a lot. now, this is supposedly prevented by having tighter suspension in the front, but even if that IS true, if you do start sliding at a corner the front wheels are gunna slide, therefor making the turn uncontrollable. if your *** is sliding (or if you have tighter suspension in the back) then your gunna b able to control the slide b/c your steering is in the front. some pro drivers do this on purpose (beefier suspension in the back), because you can take corners faster.

again, im preparing to be flamed for this, but if your a decent driver and your on a tight budget, i personally would go with bigger suspension in the back

Old 03-30-2005, 05:35 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

So basically your saying that by only doing the front strut, it will create understeer right? I figure (if i can find them cheap enough) i'll just do them all at the same time and keep them even for now, once the car gets faster i can start dinking around with different options.

Old 03-30-2005, 06:13 PM
HCF Member

I put the front one on first and it annoyed the hell out of me. I could feel the back swinging (only because the front was fixed)

Old 03-30-2005, 08:01 PM
HCF Member

forty: some of us dont have the budget to do everythign at once :P i was just explaining what im prolly gunna do for suspension and why. and yes, if you do the front u will create uncontrollable understeer, back u will create controllable oversteer

remmington: thats really weird cuz if the front is stiffer then the front should slide b/c it doesnt have as much give as the rear

Old 03-31-2005, 06:32 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Remy Said...
I payed $40 for my whole set
Nail I3unny, 40 bucks isnt really that high of a budget ya know? Thats why i said "IF i can find them cheap enough" Otherwise, i'm just like the rest of you, can't really afford much of anything all at once..