HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

DaOne's del Sol Project

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 09:56 AM
HCF Member

Haha gotta love the tight space of a del sol I think it's the coolest thing sitting in those seats sure is a fun ride!

Old 08-16-2010, 10:25 AM

You notice how your shifter you have right now is really long? That's because it's for a Civic. They don't make shifters specifically for del Sols (besides OEM), but the Civic ones fit. The downside is that they are a little long on the del Sols and look awkward.

The B&M straight shifter, however, is pretty short and it looks more natural in a del Sol. It's also very comfortable, affordable, and sturdy.

That is my recommendation.

If you get the ES bushings, get the black ones, they last longer.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 08-16-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:05 PM
HCF Member

Did you chip the p06 to a p28 or did you put in a whole new ecu? I may want the old p06 if you dont need it.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:15 AM
HCF Member

Trust-I did not know that! it feels so wierd lol its like the shifter is as high as the window haha. thats cool to know, THANKS!

rc2904-I got the whole p28. and i dont need it lol.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:18 AM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

How big are those wheels? They look like 16's but could be 17's i cant really tell. they've kinda grown on me i like em and i say either stick with black or black w/ red or polished lip. idk why but i just cant get myself to like bronze/gold wheels on a red car. Now a nice gunmetal would be sooo nice

Old 08-17-2010, 02:14 PM
HCF Member

Yeah my wheels are 16's
So i think im going to paint the trim that goes around the rear window..(cant think of the name) its chrome, but its because the paint chipped off from it. anybody know what type of spray paint i should use? the plastic kind?

I just got an amp and a 10 inch speaker from a friend for free (he upgraded his set up to stock...haha) so im probably gonna hook that up today or tomorrow. the sub is in a slim box( he had it so that his speaker would fit behind his backseat is his toyota pick-up). you guys think i should put it behind my seat? or should i just throw it in the trunk.
i'll post pics when i go hook it up.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:55 PM
HCF Member

What u want for p06 and is it for auto or manual?

Old 08-18-2010, 04:54 AM
HCF Member

RC-eh i dont know. offer? never sold anything online before lol. and yeah its for a manual.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:36 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by DaOne
Yeah my wheels are 16's
So i think im going to paint the trim that goes around the rear window..(cant think of the name) its chrome, but its because the paint chipped off from it. anybody know what type of spray paint i should use? the plastic kind?

I just got an amp and a 10 inch speaker from a friend for free (he upgraded his set up to stock...haha) so im probably gonna hook that up today or tomorrow. the sub is in a slim box( he had it so that his speaker would fit behind his backseat is his toyota pick-up). you guys think i should put it behind my seat? or should i just throw it in the trunk.
i'll post pics when i go hook it up.
Id say just throw it in the trunk, saves you the already limited room you have behind the seat.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:54 AM
HCF Member

My favoritte part of the del sol was the rear window lol awesomeness. The seats just shape sucks in the winter because when you get into your car shivering, those seats HURT your back, I used to work late nights so I would be cold driving in snowy nights haha.

Quick Reply: DaOne's del Sol Project