HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Jayrdee - Civic SI project

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 05:11 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by plethoric33
Sucks about the wreck, could have been worse though. I was eyeballing those Grids for a while myself. To fit a 16x8 +20, your rear quarters will need to be rolled flush. I have 15x8 +15s on my EK and completely rolled fenders, real hard turns will have a tiny bit of rub still even with my Koni's as stiff as they'll go.

yeah definitely! im just glad its not totaled or anything haha But yeah thats what i figured. i had rolled them previously but i plan on rolling them even more. might even try to "pull" the fenders out just a wee bit

Old 07-12-2013, 02:21 PM
March 2010 ROTM

I did the phone book trick to make a tad extra space. Jack up your car, put a phone book between your tire and rear quarter, then slowly lower it down. The phone book is soft enough to not do any damage, but firm enough to push the fender outward slightly while pushing against the rolled lip.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:27 PM
HCF Member

I did the phone book trick to make a tad extra space. Jack up your car, put a phone book between your tire and rear quarter, then slowly lower it down. The phone book is soft enough to not do any damage, but firm enough to push the fender outward slightly while pushing against the rolled lip.
hmm, i might try that. i've never heard of that trick. i have a fender roller, and when i did a buddy of mines i just applied a lot of pressure and kept rolling. it worked fine, but it was alot of repetitive work. the phone book thing seems a bit easier haha

Old 07-16-2013, 08:38 PM
HCF Member

The wheels came in today! i will post more pictures once i get tires

Name:  photo-4_zps84536615.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  142.2 KB

Turns out they didn't have the finish i wanted anymore so i settled with the hyperblack color. they gave me free lugnuts and valve stems to compensate

Name:  photo_zps796ef11d.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  94.4 KB

Old 07-16-2013, 08:45 PM
HCF Member

i also picked up a few goodies from Froznface not too long ago. i was mainly after the skunk2 camber kit but i got the upper strut tower bar and blue rear lower bar because they look cool

Name:  photocopy_zps8459409f.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  116.3 KB

Old 07-18-2013, 10:50 AM
HCF Member

I got bored on my day off work so i decided to try and put the rear camber kit on today. ran into some stubborn bolts, one is stripped and the other broke. going to give it another try once i get my dad gets his grinder back.

its a love/hate relationship with a man and his car. sometimes you want to make some changes, and she can be a total stubborn B***H.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:35 AM
March 2010 ROTM

I snapped bolts on both sides putting my rear camber kits on. Had to chop off the nut thats welded on the trailing arm and beat them out. You probably wont even need camber kits for those wheels though.

Old 07-20-2013, 06:10 AM
HCF Member

I snapped bolts on both sides putting my rear camber kits on. Had to chop off the nut thats welded on the trailing arm and beat them out. You probably wont even need camber kits for those wheels though.

yeah thats what i plan on doing as well. i'm really hoping the bolts in there aren't like the ones that mount the shock to the lower control arm, where they have those grooves in it. i ran into the same problem when i put my coilovers on and they had rusted in there. i wanted to kill myself

as for the camber kit, its kinda too late to NOT put them on now haha

Old 08-04-2013, 08:49 PM
HCF Member

put on the rear camber kit not too long ago, got my tires and decided to mount just one wheel for now to test fit. they poked out a bit more than i expected so i decided to pull the fenders out a bit to accommodate the space. the fronts worked like a charm, but i ended up stripping the threads on my fender roller trying to pull the rears out oh well, atleast my car is done and i managed to make a little $$$ rolling fenders for buddies of mine haha

i also had to grind down part of the brake caliper brace a wee bit for the wheels to clear.

here is a general idea of what it looks like with the wheel on. for those who are interested, they are Nitto Neogen 205/40/16 tires stretched on a 16x8 et20 wheel.

Name:  fender1_zpsc7bc1fde.jpg
Views: 1305
Size:  86.6 KB

i like the look of pulled fenders. it reminds me of old school wide body kits, without actually having a wide body kit

Name:  fender2_zps97bbab23.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  72.9 KB

when i get my paycheck this week and my drill pay i am mounting the rest of the tires, buying a skunk2 camber kit for the front, and lowering it more.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:14 AM

^^ Looks good. I would go like 0.25" lower in the front and skip the camber kit unless you want a stanced look.

Quick Reply: Jayrdee - Civic SI project