HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

project 666: breaking the curse

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 07:21 PM
HCF Member

I didnt know that there where on there 2nd version kit.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:09 PM

hmm, I've heard of new Beaks kits but this is the first I've seen of them. Interesting design but I don't really see the point of that extra "pull" bracket. I suppose if there is enough flex that it'll counteract it? strange... Can you post pics up of it installed? I'm interested.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:21 PM
HCF Member

more tomarrow?

Old 12-06-2010, 07:57 PM
HCF Member

Nice rubbers

Old 12-07-2010, 07:59 PM
HCF Member

oh, more tomarrow...

Old 12-09-2010, 07:36 AM
HCF Member

ok, forgot to post last night.

version 2 brackets, well the holes are drilled, the brackets i had for the sway bar are for an si and not a itr like the kit wanted, so i ordered those (hope the bushings fit right), and do to the brackets not fitting, the sway bar still sits in a box under the car, ugh. also another thing i found, you have to cut the gas skid plate to get the back brackets to fit, but the pic shows basicly how they go. im going to wait till i have it on a lift to cut the spaces.

enough junk in the trunk? thought it was funny. contents? gsr front brakes, ex rear drums, stock front sway bar, 2 15 inch steelies with tires, if-teen cans of paint and spirits, shop rags and towels, about a half dozen install papers, and probably more crap i forgot about.

sometimes i even amaze my self. match mounted too.

now for the bad news. after looking for parts on creigslist aimlessly, i found a post titled "h.a.s. = lab junkies = car thieves". h.a.s. was were i was going to take my car, so i clicked it. there intailed a horror story about the guy gets his car basicly fcuked with, stuff missing everywhere, dents, and a crap job to being with. with more research (or a quick google search) i found more and more storys, mainly ones of people having there car there for 2 weeks when it was quoted 2 days, and the work was shotty, or people having there car stolen less then a week later. basicly what people were saying was h.a.s. was just the (at best defination) a chop shop that used to be named lab junkies, same place, same people, same incredibly bad and unhonest place. im not 100% sure what im going to do now, but im thinking i might have it towed to my shop and use it as a learning experience (i just became a tech (again) about 2 weeks ago). in other words, im lazy, dont have an air compressor, and dont mind paying a little bit more to do it right while learning. oh, and the hoods turning out alright, might just paint the whole car next week, maybe start the front end today, well see.

Last edited by ej8punk; 12-09-2010 at 08:34 AM.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:10 PM
HCF Member

little more work today, but mainly prep for tomarrow. when to the acura dealer to order an itr rear bar and bushings to just have the rear sway are done, ill keep the eibach incase the 22 is too over powering. probably should have waited on that cus the guy from beaks just emailed me back with the part numbers for the right bushing to use the eibach bar. also sanded most the panels, outside of the body its self, tomarrow ill start painting. also plan on picking up a battery and some gas and see if the thing will even start. now some pics for fun.
part running

better before pictures (yes, once the car hit beater status, i lived it up. if you have ever seen sport compact cars 50 things ever car guy should so, i definally checked on off there)

Old 12-16-2010, 04:39 AM

I lol'd so hard at these last pics. Loving the beater look!

Old 12-16-2010, 08:18 PM
HCF Member

i will to at one point, wellfedhobo. actually, as of today, the car is down to two colors, hurray. most the body is now atleast got a first coat, minus the body and trunk. also picked up the sway bar, bushings, battery and gas. glad to have the god d@$% mother f%*#ing sway bar in, after all the mounts, bushings, and bars them selves, i basicly have a second full set up. im going to start with the itr bar and see how it is, if its to stiff and i feel like a drifter, i always have the eibach bar, just need to order bushings for it. next we put in the battery, and dropped in 5 gallons of fresh gas, and to both me and my buddys surprise, it started like it had only sat over night, tripped us out. i also fixed my leaky brake hose (bit of paint where the washer is, quick sand and flushed the brake fluid and its good). after that, he left and i did some painting, but i already spoke about that. now for proof. excuse my buddy screaming "three f-ing years", and the white smoke, its got a fair touch of REALLY old gas. oh yeah, i know it looks like ****, the whole back end is part for painting, and video is crap cus it with a cell phone.

first start up video

Old 12-29-2010, 07:43 PM
HCF Member

as of 8:25 december 29th, 2010, project 666 is now project 667. shes alive...

...now only time will tell if the curse is truely broken.

Quick Reply: project 666: breaking the curse