HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Scott's Ek Build: Shaved and Tucked

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 08:48 PM
HCF Member

My dad's a cop too. That's why I'm tossed up on my exhaust.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

okay you say you will be happy with the peaked d but then when all of that power feels "natural", then your going to want more power, and you will be forced to do a swap and build up from there, so its kind of a waste of money. you need to consider all options before you build. thats just my $0.02

Old 12-07-2009, 09:00 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by supersize
okay you say you will be happy with the peaked d but then when all of that power feels "natural", then your going to want more power, and you will be forced to do a swap and build up from there, so its kind of a waste of money. you need to consider all options before you build. thats just my $0.02
Or you can keep the peaked D and start saving up for a faster Honda.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

true, just consider all options available before you spend all your money

Old 12-08-2009, 05:29 PM
HCF Member

Well I made a wooden prototype of the rear tow hook I'm going to make (pics below). Snowing a lot here, going to get like 8 inches by the morning so I couldn't do much tweaking/testing of the hole placement and overall shape of the hook. I should have the tow hook done next week for sure, have to make the wooden one right, I need to figure out how I am going to get 2 bolts in the oem hook, was going to use two 1/2" bolts but I'm not sure if they'll fit. I'll mak e the real one out of 1/8" steel at school. Cut it out, get it to shape, mill out center hole, shouldn't be too bad. Going to paint it same color purple as my valve cover (I love the color). Not sure whether I want to make a front one too, we'll see how the rear turns out first, can't wait though! I love making my own stuff... saves me money and is my own creation!

Old 12-08-2009, 09:02 PM
HCF Member

dude i love the purple
thats the color of my wheels
its a sick color
actually if it dont looke bad on teal im gonna use it a lot on my hatch

Old 12-09-2009, 02:43 PM
HCF Member

dude do you think i could get that template? or at least the dimensions? and are you gunna paint your vehicle a different color or leave it green? because i don't think you'll like that purple with that green don't get me wrong both are great colors but i don't think they will go good directly next to each other

Old 12-09-2009, 05:46 PM
HCF Member

Kan I'll get you a pic of dimensions of my new hook I made. The car is staying green and I love purple and I love green, and the contrast is awesome. I am going to be painting my hx or slips purple when I get a set (once I get rid of my Drags).

I made another wooden hook today since I messed up the first prototype a little bit, this one I got to fit and everything, it is perfect. Pics below on how it looks, I just need to make the back plate thingy for the opposite side of the hook a lil smaller. Going to start making it at school tomorrow, pissed though cause we don't have any 2.5" mill bits, might end up going with a 2" center hole, oh well. But here are some pics of how the wooden one fits up and looks on my bumper. If the metal one turns out decent a front one is next!

Here's a pic of my hub caps some friends bought for me ($10 at advanced, clearence ftw). They are phat boys (notice the "ph", that's how cool they are.) They were a joke, don't flame me, I know they look ridiculous. Also notice the 3rd set of speakers I have in the car, they are customly mounted, sitting in the storage compartments on each of the rear seats lol. I have an amp going to my 6x9s so that left the rear speaker wires from the head being unused so I grabbed a set of my extra speakers laying around and wired them in, ghetto mountage but oh well for now.

And on to the pics of the tow hook, yes it is dark, its 23 degrees outside w/o windchill, snow all over, and my bumpers are awful, lots of knicks and a big crack on the rear one. Going to see if the junk yard has any this saturday while I'm shopping for my other stuff... I wouldn't put em on til spring though, kids at our school don't know how to drive in snow and I'm sure I'll get bumped in to in the parking lot. Was actually one of the first at school today though so I got the parking lot to myself.... fresh untouched snow. Drifting heaven. On to the pictures now.

I just realized I have mine mounted completely different than the ones you buy. The way I have mine set up right now, both of the bolts are on the inside of the hook whereas say a Password:JDM one would have one bolt on the inside of the stock hook and one on the outside. I have a 1/2" bolt on the inside spot of the hook, and in the back part of the hook a 3/8" bolt, no wonder I couldn't see how they used two 1/2" bolts... oh well my idea will work out fine. Same concept, and all the stress would go on the 1/2" bolt so it is all good, and there's no chance of my hook moving up and down since it is perfectly fit inside the oem hook.

Last edited by Scott53092; 12-09-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:04 PM
HCF Member

Yo bro, I was just wondering what kind of foglights are you running. Somewhere in my project after my championship white paint job, I'm going to want to run yellow fogs.

Old 12-10-2009, 02:44 PM
HCF Member

Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelin itttttttttt!!!

Quick Reply: Scott's Ek Build: Shaved and Tucked