HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Superfly's "my car got stripped!" rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 06:20 PM
HCF Member

$200 for fenders and hood...? Damn around here a pair of mint fenders is $50 and a hood is $40 tops. Any Certifit's around you? $20 a fender from there lol.

And thief problems are terrible here in Milwaukee. I'll run out of fingers counting all the Honda's I know where stole THIS summer. They don't mess around here, if they want your car they'll take it. A real itr was stored in a storage facility thing, they ripped the garage door off and drove the car through the fence. There was also a Prelude that they ripped the garage door off (and took part of it) and flat bedded the Lude away. Guy I know had his hatch stolen and never got the shell back, which they usually show up. Thieves are every where, getting worse and harder to keep a Honda with good parts on it. If hey really want your car they'll do wha they can with their resources. You can run all the alarms and killswitches and removable sterring wheels you want, nothing will stop a flat bed.

Old 12-22-2011, 03:42 PM
HCF Member

^ I'm worried about fitment issues with Certifit... And it's $200 for headlights, fenders, hood, and the condenser. Not too bad

Old 12-22-2011, 04:21 PM

Eh, they call it "sortafits" for a reason.... But honestly, I don't think you'll have problems. I haven't heard anything negative about their Honda parts.

Old 12-25-2011, 10:42 AM
HCF Member

Woo new car parts!! Bought the stuff mentioned above; a hood, fenders, and headlights and I got them for $160. Now all I need is a bumper..

The only thing, they're for a 1996-98 Civic and mine's a 99-00. I see that just about everyone does this swap the other way around lol. I know that I'll need a 96-98 bumper, but everything just bolts right on, correct? I'm sure I'll run to some snag, just want to make sure it wont be a big one

Old 12-25-2011, 01:19 PM
HCF Member

It all just bolts on, downgrade in most peoples eyes though!

Old 12-25-2011, 03:17 PM
HCF Member

^ Alright cool. Well it's an upgrade to what I had!

Put the hood and headlights on today, waiting to do the fenders. Cobb and I are going to run new (better) speaker wire through the factory wire boot, which requires having the fenders off. Genius.

Name:  IMAG0291.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  60.7 KB

Name:  IMAG0292.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  84.1 KB

Name:  IMAG0294.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  61.5 KB

And here's the bad. Something's up with the engine....

I started it up and instantly didn't like what I heard. It sounded like it was REALLY struggling to keep the cylinders firing. Checked the oil, it was really low, the checked the spark plugs and there was oil on it.

Name:  IMAG0296.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  77.4 KB

I'm assuming that's why my engine was so pissed. Since I only pretend to know anything about cars, I'm not sure what to do (or if that's the only problem). Is it some seal that got ripped or something?

Old 12-25-2011, 03:46 PM

Oh man, if they screwed the engine just for the sake of further screwing with you...

You might want to look at a couple of angles. You could change the oil on the spot and see if there are metal shavings in the oil. If not, fill it up and try again. Check the coolant. See if there is oil in the coolant. Or vice versa, come to think of it.

Old 12-25-2011, 04:52 PM
HCF Member

Yeah I dunno.... I don't know if they put sugar in the gas tank, I don't know if they did absolutely nothing and my engine just happened to choose this time to go wrong....

Old 12-25-2011, 07:27 PM
HCF Member

Or it could just be that the spark plug "O" ring seals are old and leaking now. i think those seals come in a valve cover gasket set thing.

Old 12-25-2011, 08:15 PM
HCF Member

I really hope you're right. if Autozone is open tomorrow, I'll stop by, pick that set up and replace everything. Clean everything too.

Should I replace the spark plugs/wires too?

Quick Reply: Superfly's "my car got stripped!" rebuild