HCF Suggestion / Forum Help Center This section is for suggestions and help pertaining to the forum, not for help with a car.

being driven away

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 02:35 PM
HCF Member
Default being driven away

Some of you that have been here a while may notice that I have recently dropped off in my amount of postings and the like. Truth is I'm being driven away from HCF. I have had a problem now with the site for a while with unusually long loading times that just make it not worth my time to come by. Don't get me wrong, I love this site, but I find myself coming less and less here and more and more to hondatec due to the fact that every time I navigate to a new page on this site, I have to leave the room for a while and come back later, then repeat the same thing for the next page. I wish I knew what it was, all the other web pages I go to function just fine, it's only this one. If anyone has any ideas why this started all of a sudden (my access speed used to be normal), let me know because I really want to stay here...but it's getting more annoying every day.

Old 06-07-2007, 02:46 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: being driven away

it's doing that for me also but it is not to the xtream as you put it

Old 06-07-2007, 04:50 PM
HCF Member

i've noticed it to. like marty said it isn't as bad for me, but it's still pretty bad.

Old 06-07-2007, 04:54 PM
HCF Member

Kinda like that for me too... except it i more so with ALL webpages cause my internet sucks *** and i havn'et found out why yet

Old 06-07-2007, 08:21 PM
HCF Member

It's so weird cuz sometimes it doesn't do it at all, and then other times it is MINUTES between screens, with no pictures. I just don't get it. Something is wrong with the site. It sucks, cuz I used to spend like all my time here lol.

Old 06-07-2007, 08:25 PM
June 2010 ROTM

I have only had the problem that if I click on the thread to look at it, it will not load immediately. My solution, click again and it magically loads right away. Other than that, I haven't noticed any slowness.

Old 06-07-2007, 10:18 PM
HCF Member

i don't know man, that sucks but you might try going into your internet options and deleting your cookies and deleting the files. don't know if it will help, but its worth a shot

Old 06-08-2007, 11:10 AM

i was having dns issues... if you run a firewall, and have a router with a built in firewall, adjust some of the settings...

Old 06-30-2007, 12:40 AM

It could bea lot of things, hosting environment, the nature of the code that runs the BB or any number of things. But being that so many people have seemed to notice the site being slower than average for them, its prolly something to do with the host evrn, server, BB itself or host's connection.

I know a lot of BB admins often don't like giving out this info, but I'm gonna ask anyway: Anyone know where/how this BB is hosted? (not geographically)

Old 06-30-2007, 05:16 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

How is it running for everyone now? I had Patrick send a message to the programmers on thursday morning, and since then this place has been zingin for me!

Quick Reply: being driven away