HCF Suggestion / Forum Help Center This section is for suggestions and help pertaining to the forum, not for help with a car.

HCF Calendar Discussion Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 10:37 PM
HCF Member
Default HCF Calendar Discussion Thread

so we had a discussion back in march or april that we would have a 2011 Calendar for HCF. Since we have 2 months left to get this organized and get pictures submitted figure i would go ahead and start this up.

So we agreed that we'll have the calendars made on zazzle and they would cost about $25 shipped. We also agreed that ROTM winners would get a page on the calendar for the month that they won it for.

On zazzle it looks like we get to have our own design on the front and back cover. For the front I have a design in mind but need people to say yay or nay. My plan is to have all HCF members that are interested to submit a picture of their own civic and we will collage them all together and have the HCF logo on top. Can we even use the HCF logo? I have no idea of what to do to the back cover. any ideas?

FOR ALL ROTM WINNERS!
Go snap pictures of your civic that you would want to be on the calendar. Be creative and make your civic look good. Remember this would be printed in a 8 1/2 by 11 page so quality/ resolution must be high res. Be sure to get the highest resolution pictures that you can. We all want the pictures to come out good on the calendar. Try to get this submitted by November 30th, 2010. That way we can get the calendar by 2011. As far as getting the pictures submitted. Either host the picture on flickr or other host that does not scale down the image. Or email it to me.

ROTM Winners

Justinwebb (February 2010 ROTM)
Plethoric33 (March 2010 ROTM)
GReddy_Civic (April 2010 ROTM)
trustdestruction (May 2010 ROTM)
danomatic93 (June 2010 ROTM)
MBrent (July 2010 ROTM)
jwmm04 (August 2010 ROTM)
Beast19rp (September 2010 ROTM)
sfazngiants (October 2010 ROTM)

Anyone other ideas for front and back cover of the calendar? any more opinions. Lets start the discussion and make this 2011 calendar possible.

EDIT: Before we even put any time and effort into this I need to know how many people are actually interested and is going to buy one so we don't waste our time on this. If we can get at least 10 -15 people that would buy it then we will see if we can pull through with this

Last edited by sfazngiants; 10-03-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:51 PM
HCF Member

trustdestruction pointed out a couple good points. Most people would not be able to get high res images of their civic and no one would probably pull through with submitting images. And also about 5 people would even be interested in this. This kind of defeats the purpose of even trying to make the calendar idea happen.

Why do you guys this? waste of time?

Old 10-03-2010, 11:29 PM
HCF Member

My question is who would spend 25 bucks on a calendar? I know I wouldn't

I really like the Idea of it, but I just don't see it being a calendar i would by for 25 dollars let alone 10 dollars.

I think what we used to do was had a poster type calendar with all 12 months on it and a bunch of cars. This is what I read, never saw it first hand.

My mom makes calendars at her shop (she is a graphic designer). They are not Crazy cool or anything, but they are nice. They are full color pages printed double sided then spiral bound. With this, the image resolution wouldn't need to be as high, but would still be nice. I can get pricing if you want, but the same thing could be done at kinko's, staples, costco. They are all the same.

As for the cover design, i like the collage idea. As long as it was done right. The back, i would stick to say a black background and throw a picture of the 12 ROTM cars in order by month just like a regular car calendar does.

These are my opinions on it.

Old 10-04-2010, 02:04 AM
HCF Member

I would buy one.. i have a question i bought mbrents civic the month he won so do i just handle the pics? we are good friends doesnt matter whos name is on there just saying i own the rotm for july

Old 10-04-2010, 03:02 AM

I'm interested but $25 is really steep. If we can find a more cost effective way to create one, sure.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:02 AM
HCF Member

Has to be more cash effective companies out there. I would for sure be interested, but not for that steep of a price.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:13 AM
HCF Member

So cost seems to be the problem. How much can tour mom make the calendar for hailchristian? I will also go out and see how much I can get it made for

Old 10-04-2010, 09:30 AM
HCF Member

^ yeah the price would be the thing keeping me from buying one....It think it's a really good idea though

Old 10-04-2010, 09:50 AM
HCF Member

I mean you should be able to get a cheaper price if you bought a lump sum like t-shirts work online, I wouldn't pay more than $10 for one.

Old 10-04-2010, 10:46 AM
July 2010 ROTM

yo, somebody pm me an email addy and i will send out pics of the green civic.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HCF Calendar Discussion Thread