HCF Suggestion / Forum Help Center This section is for suggestions and help pertaining to the forum, not for help with a car.

HCF more mobile freandly please?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 12:43 PM

Yea I don't have a FS thread on Club Civic

Old 01-23-2010, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
In my defense, when I posted I thought he was a spammer, and that thought was strengthened due to his second post (now deleted... I assume you mods still see this and know what i'm referring to). Had I known he was a legit new member, I wouldn't have said what I said. I apologize to the OP for this.
Its cool bro I see ur passionate for HCF, no I'm not a spammer my name is Carlos, and the reason for the other post is to give an example of a smooth site. Cause that's the best way to learn, we look at success learn from it take bits and pieces and make it our own. Also in the American Muscle world I own a 68 Dodge dart 225 slant six so thats the forum I use. And in the Agile Imports world my heart belongs to my 89 4dr CiviC. So yeah just trying to help out. I really really really recommend that the big honshos of this site take a look at that site for ideas its so simple.

Old 01-23-2010, 02:47 PM

I am glad you accept my apology.

In regards to the mobile friendly site... other sites like yahoo.com automatically detect when you are browsing from a phone and send you to the mobile version of the site, correct? I wonder if something like that would be possible with the forum... having two different versions, a mobile version and a standard version that automatically detects what type of device you are browsing with.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
I am glad you accept my apology.

In regards to the mobile friendly site... other sites like yahoo.com automatically detect when you are browsing from a phone and send you to the mobile version of the site, correct? I wonder if something like that would be possible with the forum... having two different versions, a mobile version and a standard version that automatically detects what type of device you are browsing with.
awesome! I wish I knew more myself about running forums I would be glad to help out. Also an idea for $$$,$$$.02 how bout stickers ill be up to buying and sporting it on my CiviC. If any body was willing to make them.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:30 PM

I notice that the adds are by Google it should be to they're advantage to come up with something to support they're site who are carrying they're adds can u check with them? They support my mytouch3G it just logical that they would. Just n idea.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:59 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by rida4christ
awesome! I wish I knew more myself about running forums I would be glad to help out. Also an idea for $$$,$$$.02 how bout stickers ill be up to buying and sporting it on my CiviC. If any body was willing to make them.
lol imma message ej1rider today on xbox dam it we need more stickers

Old 01-23-2010, 06:30 PM
HCF Member

get some to be made and i am down for 1 or 2 decals.

also, i was going to make a calendar for this site, if we had the ride of the month going. also, not sure if the admins would allow for that to happened so decided not to bother with that

Old 01-24-2010, 04:20 AM
Snail'n Admin

Hey guys, sorry I havent posted. I've been chillin with the gf before she went back to school today. Wont see her for 4 months anyway. Yea, I think we need to do a few things:
1. I really like the business card idea, we would just have to have someone dedicated to making them, and then trust they use the money to make them, then people could pay a dollar or two to have them shipped, or something.
2. I think bringing DIYs over from other forums (give credit) is a great way to bring traffic. Heck, I made a "clean your IACV" and it has more views than any other thread. Even simple ones help because every day people search for that stuff and a thread here can come up
3. Paul is too busy to handle stickers anymore, I have talked to him in the past (ej1rider). So if someone was willing to take it over, more power to you. I could get the template from paul or someone
4. We can try to look into a mobile version. Other than the vbulletin plugins that phones have, I dont knwo if there are many options. Maybe you can adjust your "view" in the phone. I change my zoom and dont load pictures unless I anticipate needing to see them. Otherwise another program owould need to be written and I doubt anyone watns to do that
5. RonJ, I wasn't attacking individual members. I was merely pointing out that we cant "chase off" new members. I expect the regular members to understand and try to help them instead of slamming them. It wasn't just Stu, it has been other members. My point is, the staff does care, it's just sometimes we get fed up with some of the petty stuff that happens on here.

Old 01-24-2010, 05:38 AM
HCF Member

Calender......... Awesome lol Yeah gota love hcf.... if I take my hcf decal to a sticker shop can they make copies? I have never been to one lmao

Edit::: I went a while without instant critisizing of new members.... ill get back to that lol I have been getting back to my flaming ways..... This job just sucks such huge ballz i come home at 7:30 AM EVERYDAY just thinking "dam how was today seriously worse than yesterday!" haha and ill see bout the business card, im extremely trustworthy haha, really i am along with most members of this forum actually............. but idk bout the dependability part =/ lmao I hate shipping stuff

Last edited by NIKE H34D; 01-24-2010 at 05:42 AM.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:41 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Originally Posted by GReddy_Civic
RonJ, I wasn't attacking individual members. I was merely pointing out that we cant "chase off" new members. I expect the regular members to understand and try to help them instead of slamming them. It wasn't just Stu, it has been other members. My point is, the staff does care, it's just sometimes we get fed up with some of the petty stuff that happens on here.
Trent, you have valid concerns about member bashing, and I wasn't disagreeing with this idea. This is a problem easily solved through proper policing of threads by mods and then taking immediate action through post deletions, warnings, and temporary bannings. On some occasions, mods and admins also should police themselves.

I do think the active staff cares. I wasn't criticizing active mods and admins, though there seems to be a lot of relatively inactive staff. While this issue must be addressed, I don't see it as the most pressing problem. I see the main issue with HCF officials, such as Patrick, who hold the power to make necessary changes to the site but who for all intents and purposes are absent and inactive at HCF. Such an HCF official/executive must get involved regularly in the forums and be prepared to make site changes that will attract and keep new members. In summary, what's needed is not only a united group of active mods and admins who enforce site rules but also a very active HCF official who acts quickly to make improvements at the site and thereby keeps it competitive. Without these changes, HCF will continue on its current trend.

Quick Reply: HCF more mobile freandly please?