HCF Suggestion / Forum Help Center This section is for suggestions and help pertaining to the forum, not for help with a car.

lambda sensor help

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 08:03 AM
Default lambda sensor help

I own a.2000 Honda civic 1.4 injection sport and this is the issue.
My car failed the mot due to Emitions so u purchasers a new cat and a new lambda sensor ( Bosch brand )took it back but still failed as the lambda sensor readings were still high .
I took it to a garage and had.them run.an obd test on it which said it was a sensor problem so I had another sensor ( ngk ) sent out as a warranty replacment and had that fitted and tested but still the same result.
I have called about to get some information And I've been told by a few ppl and company's that apparently SOME Hondas don't like non genuine sensors at it causes the ecu to glitch out .
I've called Honda directly and they have said the same thing but they want about 200 pound just for the sensor and my funds r getting a little low but I called one place and they said they can get me a sensor which is an a.d.l part ..... apparently official Japanese parts for 67 pound .
Has n e body herd of this make and do they know if it will defiantly work as I don't want to spend more money just for it not to work .
N e advice will b greatly appreciated.