HCF Suggestion / Forum Help Center This section is for suggestions and help pertaining to the forum, not for help with a car.

Parts and Comments.......

Old 10-06-2005, 09:15 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: Parts and Comments.......

Yeah, well, we'll let people form their own opinions on this conversation. I'm not going to try and steer them into thinking one way or another.

Old 10-06-2005, 09:36 AM
Administrator

listen...since forty volunteered, he would be considered first...you cant nominate someone to be a mod, that would be like nominating someone where you work to do a new job!

please stop the bickering....i can add a review section, but first, we need some sort of format.

It will be one forum line item, just like "off topic" is, broken down into generations within. that much is set, but what else we need is a format for submission...i dont want this:

"my brothers girlfriends dad works at a shop and he said that he installed so&so brand exhaust, and its junk"

or

"i installed an ebay intake and gained 71 whp on my 84 civic!!"

as we get more, there will be more clear ways to organize things, but for now, we need to have a required form for submission...

example:
Product: K&N CAI
Vehicle: 98LX
Installation: easy, required only a screwdriver
Review: IT is worth every cent. I gained some horsepower as well as some mileage, and it sounds great!

am i missing anything?

mind, you we are working on an actual review setup, but im not certain when it will be launched.

Old 10-06-2005, 10:22 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

example:
Review: IT is worth every cent. I gained some horsepower as well as some mileage, and it sounds great!
I agree that this is a good format. Also, about the brother's sister's dog's miata or whatever.. I think that in order to post a review, you need to have some facts or hands on experience, it can't just be hear-say all the time. For instance, maybe there is a general post for AEM CAI's. Chances are a lot of people are going to post just because they've heard of AEM CAIs and know that they are a highly recommended product. I guess what i'm driving at is that posts shouldnt consist of "Yeah, AEM CAI's are cool" It should be something more like the above mentioned format.

Also, and this sorta falls under installation, but another good thing to have is time required to install. This is something i always look for when buying parts, because my project is my daily driver, and if a certain mod takes more than a day to do, than i had better wait till the weekend.

Old 10-06-2005, 10:28 AM
HCF Member

This doesnt sound like a bad idea. IMO it needs to have structure software wise.

Old 10-06-2005, 10:57 AM
Administrator

well, once the review section is through its beta testing...whatever the hell that means, it will be nice to have, but i do not believe that it will be split by generation..

so, forty, youre up for keeping an eye on said review section? once open, can you post about what is and isnt allowed..it sounds like you have a good idea of what to do...
and lets not forget that ngoti8tor brought this up, so i dont want him to feel like he is being excluded...do you have any input ngoti8tor?

new example:
Installation Time: 10 minutes to remove factory air box, 5 minutes to install new intake.

Old 10-06-2005, 11:18 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I'd be glad to Patrick. Just keep me posted on when you think it'll be opening up. I'll start listing some rules and what not to try and keep things organized.

Old 10-06-2005, 12:05 PM
Administrator

well, itll only take me a few seconds...lol
you let me know when youre ready!

Old 10-06-2005, 01:44 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

pmed ya

Old 10-06-2005, 05:17 PM
mxs
HCF Member

^^^ I missed this whole thing this morning, I don't have a lot of experience but I AM good at hitting the delete button! anyway I think Forty will be a kickass moderator and I look forward to reading the reviews. cheers! [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 10-06-2005, 07:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Patrick
and lets not forget that ngoti8tor brought this up, so i dont want him to feel like he is being excluded...do you have any input ngoti8tor?

new example:
Installation Time: 10 minutes to remove factory air box, 5 minutes to install new intake.
Yeh, thanks, Patrick.

I think it should include either a picture of the part or a link to it. (eg. Forty said he bought Megan strut bars from eBay and gives a description with comments, then I decide........hey, this dude seems to know what he's talkin about, those strut bars sound great, go for a decent price, so I'd like to buy the exact same strut bars as Forty.) Then I could just click on the link, or hunt them down at least knowing what they look like.

Also, I would like to see "Fitment". (how well the part fit, just bolted on, or had to make a few adjustments.) Some members are mechanically inclined, while others aren't, so some members might be more interested in paying a bit more cash for the direct bolt-on items.

Lastly, I would also suggest the member that posts the part should also post the price they paid to give other members an idea of how much cash they have to spend, and also for comparison against other brands.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Parts and Comments.......