HCF Suggestion / Forum Help Center This section is for suggestions and help pertaining to the forum, not for help with a car.

A Problem we have here at HCF

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Default A Problem we have here at HCF

Alright, I see a lot of good DIYs get written up and not put in the DIY section. For example, here are 3 of those right off the top of my head.
We have these nice DIYs that never get moved into the section. I know that it's not that important, but really, why not move these DIYs into the DIY section? I don't know about you guys, but when I go to another forum and they have tons of DIYs, it really makes them look a lot more organized and helpful, and makes me want to stick around to learn stuff.

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=71092

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=64300

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=69903

Old 12-04-2008, 04:51 PM
HCF Member

I am going to write up a DIY on how to make cotton candy, and if it is not in the DIY section I will be pissed.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:59 PM
HCF Member

^haha, I might as well make a couple on how to cook..

Old 12-04-2008, 05:47 PM
HCF Member

seriously tho trust has a point, and also, NOT all but some of the diy lack pictures and details. I was looking thru some of them last night and had know idea what was going on. Think there should be some stricter rules on making them.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:51 PM

I'm pretty sure the picture links went down when we switched forum programs. I don't think there's anything we can do about it.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Super Cereal Admin

That and some of the links are probably broken due to people tidying up their photobucket/imageshack/etc accounts.

Anyway, I moved the threads into the Interior DIY section; if you find any more DIYs that need to be in the section, let me or any of the other mods/admins know and we'll move it.

*edit: I'd also like to see more product reviews on the forum... it would help with a lot of the newer members' questions of what to get.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:15 PM
HCF Member

I could do a few product reviews of universal type items when I buy them for the Mustang like tires, audio, seats, and so on. Mainly reviews of the companies themselves on customer support, fit and finish, so on and so forth.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Yeah, that'd be good. When I get time, I'm probably going to see if I can't do a product review or two for my old civic out of memory. Ground Controls, Summit Racing cross-drilled & slotted rotors, Hedman Chikara header, lip kits, etc. come to mind

We should have a talk with our friendly neighborhood admins to see if we can't get a universal product review section put in for things like tires and such

Old 12-04-2008, 07:32 PM
HCF Member

I'd like to see a universal section about cars outside of the civic world. Never can be to informed and plus it would open some peoples eyes outside of Honda. On top of that it would spur alot of good tech talk, all beit about cars in general but learning is never a bad thing IMO.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:43 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
I'm pretty sure the picture links went down when we switched forum programs. I don't think there's anything we can do about it.
o well that explains it.

Quick Reply: A Problem we have here at HCF