HCF Suggestion / Forum Help Center This section is for suggestions and help pertaining to the forum, not for help with a car.

Rice section

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 12:38 AM
Default Rice section

We all hate rice. I think we should have a whole section in the Misc section named HCF Rice, same rules as The Lounge so it's all for fun and not for postwhoring, a place where we can post threads making fun of ricers. There could be subforums for Import Rice, Domestic Rice, Craigslist Rice (because I don't think just a little thread is enough to cover such an enormous subject like rice), Donk Rice. I mean, come on. You post one picture in a thread and a few people have time to say "lol" before another picture comes up. There isn't enough time to properly badmouth a ricer pic before we go all ADD and move to the next one.

I suggest this because if our forum is known for anything, it's being almost completely unfriendly to ricers with their body kits and nawz and neon ground effects.

This could be fun. And I think if we can make the section grow enough, it can stand as a guide for everything that is tacky. In short, it could do some good. New members can browse and immediately see what is a BAD idea.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:46 AM

I like this but there needs to be only one rule.

And instead of rules not being followed resulting in a locked thread (like they have with past "rice" threads), consistent violation of the rule by a member needs to result in that member being stripped of his/her access to that section of the forum.

That rule needs to be:

In this section, there shall be no insults of another HCF member or their car, unless provoked by that member. If you provoke someone, you are just asking for it and you do not deserve to be defended.

Also, I remember one of the rules of the past thread being "no comments, pictures only", which is stupid and completely defeats the entire purpose of the thread or section.

In addition to your rice subforum ideas, I also propose a "local rice" subforum where people can post their own pictures of rice they have seen in person.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 05-23-2009 at 01:59 AM.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
In addition to your rice subforum ideas, I also propose a "local rice" subforum where people can post their own pictures of rice they have seen in person.
I would see no need for a local rice section because import and domestic rice would cover everyone everywhere, 50 state. And if international, we could have an International Rice section.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:58 AM

Well I know it would, but I meant like a special subforum for users to post pictures they took themselves.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:22 AM
March 2010 ROTM

I like the whole idea, and Trusts idea for Local Rice. We have one like that on my local city forum.

Old 05-23-2009, 08:14 AM
HCF Member

i like the idea of the local rice sub forum. since i would grab pictures of ricers i see on the streets. i think the other sub forums should be left for rides you find online. also i remember a rice thread on off topic a while ago that resulted with not much contributions, so i don't know how well this would work out

Old 05-23-2009, 12:06 PM
HCF Member

Boom Boom Skeet Skeet

Last edited by NIKE H34D; 05-23-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:34 AM
HCF Member

LOL great idea.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:22 PM
HCF Member

here is some Alaskan rice right here. The guy was struggling to cram some speaker getup into his trunk, but it wouldnt fit so i had to snap this when he went back in the store. WiKKeD KrOmE DuDEZ!

004.jpg?t=1243656972

Old 06-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Stinky Administrator

Originally Posted by MaximusFunk
WiKKeD KrOmE DuDEZ!
Name:  user38417_pic3100_1239700881.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  80.9 KB

sorry i couldn't resist

Quick Reply: Rice section