HCF Suggestion / Forum Help Center This section is for suggestions and help pertaining to the forum, not for help with a car.
View Poll Results: Bring ROTM back??
Yes
100.00%
No
0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

rotm

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 01:15 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I vote yes... it'll be nice to have a little (more) fun here... and it can't hurt membership; I'm thinking bringing it back should help us get some more new members to join up and stay active.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:28 PM
HCF Member

sorry i didnt make it back on in time to change it to a poll, but you guys fixed that anyways thanks. 100% yes so far. but is 12 peopel enough to keep it going?

Old 01-24-2009, 12:23 PM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra

anybody else have any input for bringing back ROTM?

Old 01-24-2009, 12:26 PM
HCF Member

Why not have prizes for winning?

Which would help with this previous thread which everyone seems to forget.

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=71576

Old 01-24-2009, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by 315 Customs
anybody else have any input for bringing back ROTM?
if you're still not sure if you want to bring it back or not and want more input, i suggest putting something about bringing ROTM back in the top banner and a link to this thread so that people are more likely to see it and then come here and vote on if they want to do it or not.

Old 01-24-2009, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by xsteinbachx
Why not have prizes for winning?

Which would help with this previous thread which everyone seems to forget.

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=71576
great idea
maybe if we can get some sponsors we can get them to alternate months on prizes for ROTM and in return we put like an ad for them in the top banner saying "This month's ROTM prize is _____, sponsored by _____." and make it a clickable banner to their website.

also, this thread should be re-named "Ride-of-the-Month" or something because many new members have no idea what ROTM stands for and might not be interested in clicking the thread to find out.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 01-24-2009 at 12:33 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:24 PM
HCF Member

I tried re-nameing it, but it only changes the name of the post, not the viewed name. and the sponsor things a great idea. like a even if that falls though, like a rotm hcf shirt or sticker would be cool for a prize or w.e.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:34 PM
HCF Member

I voted yes.

I feel rotm encourages people to take even better care of their cars so that they may win and helps drive traffic.

Plus people are petty and greedy so having prize helps too =P

Old 01-24-2009, 10:51 PM
HCF Member

Yea, the prize doesnt have to be anything big, like an intake or something. Just small stuff like what was said, shirts, stickers, gas card???, discounts to websites...

Old 01-25-2009, 10:53 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by croninc
Yea, the prize doesnt have to be anything big, like an intake or something. Just small stuff like what was said, shirts, stickers, gas card???, discounts to websites...
yeah like an intake isnt something big!... lets see.. rotm intakes or honda civic forum living? the mods/financial supporters have to pay for these prizes has anyone taken this up with patrick or amanda? they own the site last i knew. they would be good to contact to get the sponsors spun up on it. as for prize i say stick to the hondacivicforum sticker... thats what it was about promoting the website with clean tight rides. and hcf having the stickers put out so they could be noticed more. in the 2 years i have been here the site was booming then ricer then dead.... we dont have the same old timers on here that really promoted the website. im all for it...but we need to make some better promotions for the site too. lets try to get a link thrown in to like honda-acura tuning magazine or something of the effect.. might influx on the rice/nonknow it alls... but at least theres more members...

i also nominate testdestructions del sol for the first month we bring this back! do you accept? and anyone plus 1 this?

Quick Reply: rotm